This is an archived copy of an event that has already passed. It is online for informational purposes only.
Location: Natutilus Scuba Centre,
On September 15, Reef Check Australia is holding an educational underwater photo shootout and fundraising event. We’re headed out to Flinders Reef with Natutilus Scuba Centre for 2 dives, as part of the Underwater Festival.
The day will include:
· An introduction to Reef Check
· A Moreton Bay talk from Queensland Museum photographer Gary Cranitch
· 2 dives at beautiful Flinders Reef
· Photo tips & tricks from Gary Cranitch
· Opportunity to see the first SEQ Reef Check survey of the season
· Our own photo contest with prizes including dive & snorkel trips with Nautilus, beautiful whale art and Reef Check goodies.
We’re a fringe event for the 2012 Underwater Festival, a simultaneous photo shoout-out across Australasia with more than $100k worth of prizes. The Festival organisers are donation $10 from every Queensland entry to support our program. We encourage people to not only attend our event, but sign up for the Underwater Festival and help to represent Moreton Bay in this huge underwater photo shootout. People don’t have to be underwater photographers or even divers to join us—any one is welcome and Flinders Reef is shallow enough to offer beautiful snorkelling. It should be a great day.
Tickets can be purchased on our website.
A Snapshot of Moreton Bay
Natutilus Scuba Centre, Brisbane
7.15am to 4pm
$150 for divers, and $140 for snorkelers
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.