Sheila Clarke has previously displayed her own art work. This display is of the art work of her students, aged 8 to 70+ years.
Believing everyone can paint if there is a desire to do so, Sheila finds there are multiple benefits:
• the joy of personal expression
• developing confidence and letting go
• focus that can assist with reducing pain
• it allows you to go to a place away from your daily cares
• experience a sense of pleasure and satisfaction on completion.
Many students have no experience in art and are surprised at their results which spur them to greater creativity and more improved work. Students choose their own work and style, purchase the canvas of their choice and supply their own brushes. All other equipment is supplied, including paints and different mediums. They are encouraged to develop their own style and original art work - but ultimately it is the student’s choice.
An annual luncheon where students receive certificates and prizes in recognition of their progress and success is a lot of fun.
Very affordable classes are limited to six students per class for a 3 hour period at Maroochydore.
Art for All Ages
Maroochydore Library, 44 Sixth Avenue, Cotton Tree
Thursday 10th of July to Thursday 7th of August 2014
- adult classes are each Monday and Tuesday 9am -12.00pm (any age)
- young people’s classes are Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday 3.30pm to 6.00pm (ages 7yrs to 16yrs.)
No Bookings Required
Maroochydore Library, Cotton Tree
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.