Come and share the fun and benefits of riding a bicycle by
participating in a multitude of events during Sunshine Coast Bike
Week. Sunshine Coast Bike Week provides an opportunity for the local
community to participate in organised bicycle events in a safe and
supported environment. Participation is aimed at all members of the
community, with a particular emphasis on encouraging new cyclists.
If you have been thinking about taking up riding but have never got around to doing it, this is a great opportunity to give it a go. Sunshine Coast Bike Week kicks off in Noosa with the TravelSmart Sunshine Coast Community Bike Ride and Walk on the 7th March. Other free activities that are happening in the Noosa area include:
* Ride to Work Day - Wednesday 11 March - 7.00am - 9.30am - Free healthy snack and prizes if you ride to the Tewantin Office of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council (outside the Noosa Regional Art Gallery). Phone 5449 5333
* Seniors Mountain Bike Ride - Thursday 12 March - 8.30am - 11.00am - Includes morning tea. Phone 5449 5333 (Bookings Essential)
* Bike Maintenance Workshop - Saturday 14th March - 2.00pm - 4.00pm - Sunshine Bicycle Works, Tewantin. Phone 5449 5333 (Bookings Essential)
* Women's Only Workshop and Ride - Sunday 15th March - 9.00am - 12 noon - Make your ride more comfortable. Phone 5449 5333 (Bookings Essential)
* 100 kilometre ride for experienced cyclists - Sunday 15th March - 6.30am - 10.30am - Le Cyclo Sportif. Phone 5447 4466 (Bookings Essential)
Come along and join us during Sunshine Coast Bike Week and help raise the profile of cycling as a healthy, easy, low cost and environmentally friendly alternative to driving.
Sunshine Coast Bike Week 7 - 15 March 2009
Sunshine Bicycle Works, Tewantin
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.