FREE Workshop on the new National Heritage System
Find out about a new opportunity to protect Australia's places of outstanding natural and cultural heritage value
Introducing a new National Heritage system
Did you know that a new system for listing, managing and protecting historic, Indigenous and natural heritage places at the national level has been introduced? This new national heritage system potentially offers a way to have places of outstanding national heritage value recognised and legally protected under the Australian Government's Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (the EPBC Act). The EPBC Act also regulates World Heritage sites.
FREE workshop in the Noosa region?
Noosa Shire Council's Arts & Heritage Board, in conjunction with the EPBC Unit, is pleased to be presenting a FREE workshop on the new National Heritage system in the Noosa Shire region. The workshop will help participants determine whether any places in the region could be 'put on the map' by being inscribed onto the National Heritage list. Nomination of places to the new National Heritage list is open to anyone, but thresholds for entry are extremely high.
The content will include:
• The criteria and thresholds for National Heritage listing
• Management of and legal protection for places on the list
• Federal funding opportunities related to listing, and
• How the national heritage system integrates with the State and local heritage systems
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions, and free publications will be available.
Who should attend?
• Members of the community active or interested in natural and cultural heritage protection
• Local government and State agency staff responsible for heritage / environmental planning and management
• Government staff and community members with an interest in regional development
When: Wednesday, 8th June, 2005
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Pomona School of Arts, Pomona
Please RSVP by 30/05/05 to Helen Gregory, Community Governance Project Officer
Tel: 5449 5244 or Email: email@example.com
Light refreshments will be served
The EPBC Unit
The EPBC Unit is a community information service run as a joint project of WWF Australia, the Australian Council of National Trusts, and the Tasmanian Conservation Trust.
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.