The best interests of the child are paramount in all family law matters, but what exactly does this mean for grandparents?
Topics covered include:
• ‘best interests’ and the Family Law Act parenting principles as they apply to grandparents
• seeking parenting orders as ‘functional parents’
• Compulsory Family Dispute Resolution process and consent orders
• capacity to provide for the needs of the child
• child support, welfare payments and other issues
• eligibility for Legal Aid and child support.
In this presentation Bernadette Farnell from Family Law Solutions draws on her experience assisting grandparents, both those seeking to spend time with their grandchildren in the face of parental hostility, and those who, for a variety of reasons, feel they have little choice but to take on their full time care.
Presenter: Bernadette Farnell - Family Law Solutions
Presented by Suncoast Community Legal Service and Sunshine Coast Libraries.
Grandparents and Family Law
Maroochydore Library, 44 Sixth Avenue, Cotton Tree
Saturday 30th of August 2014
Maroochydore Library, Cotton Tree
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.