Holling at the Library 7 June 2005
The June School Holidays have generated a range of programmes at the Noosa Library, which coincide with the 200th anniversary of the birth of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen. Tale telling in Noosa style, under the umbrella title 'Celebration of Stories' will include :
• Tuesday June 21; 10:00am - Visiting Canadian storyteller Jan Andrews presenting stories from many cultures for the eight and over age group.
• Thursday June 23; 10:00am - Local artist/storyteller Wendy Alice Wareing introducing her own dazzling characters 'Pelican Pete', 'Calma Koala' and friends. This event targets all age groups and will include sparkling craft creation.
• Tuesday June 28; 10:00am - New Zealand storyteller Mary Kippenberger making a return appearance with her unique storytelling and music show, proving that Kiwis can fly! This one, again, is for all age groups.
• Thursday June 30; 10:00am - Teen Scrapbookers. The Twelve and over set being invited to tell their own unique stories while learning scrapbooking techniques from the experts. Limited places are available for this event and bookings are therefore essential on 5442 4411.
Graphic to the right: Mary Kippenberger & friends at the Library during her visit in 2003.
• For further information, please contact : Melissa Tong - 5442 4411
Noosa Council Contact Details:
Noosa Council, 9 Pelican Street Tewantin, Queensland, Australia
Chief Executive Officer, Noosa Council, PO Box 141 Tewantin, Queensland, Australia 4565
Ph 07 5449 5200 Fax 07 5447 1062
Overseas callers telephone 617 5449 5200
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.