It’s Raining Me and Julie, Madly Deeply
Fasten your seatbelts - it’s going to be a fabulous night!
IT’S RAINING ME Starring Tom Sharah
Itʼs Raining Me takes audiences on a break-neck journey through the trials and tribulations of a boy who was always way too fierce for civilian life, and celebrates his explosion into his own particular brand of extraordinariness - with a little help from a national television show and a certain clapped-out bus. Intertwined with ferocious live renditions of some of your favourite pop and disco numbers, Itʼs Raining Me is an outrageous, courageous, and distinctly contagious night of cabaret.
Star of Tenʼs Priscilla-based TV show I Will Survive, and award-winning cabaret performer, Tom Sharah has an incurable case of charisma. Born into an Australian showbiz family, Tom emerged from the womb with an extravagant finger-snap and a smart high-kick, and has barely drawn breath since.
JULIE MADLY DEEPLY Starring Sarah-Louise Young
The hills are alive... with the sound of Julie!
Loved and adored by millions around the globe, Dame Julie Andrews is a genuine legend of entertainment. But does Mary Poppins ever long to let her hair down at the end of a hard day? Does Maria Von Trapp ever wish she was called sexy instead of saccharine? In this loving and affectionate pastiche, Miss Squeaky-Clean finally comes clean.
Award-winning West End singer and actress Sarah-Louise Young (Fascinating Aida; Cabaret Whore) uncannily recreates Julieʼs songs from musicals such as Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady and many more. These songs are seamlessly intertwined with stories and anecdotes from Andrewsʼ own life, as well as a selection of witty and insightful elaborations. What emerges is a delightful and mischievous love letter to a true show business survivor.
From wrangling child actors in Salzburg, to going topless on film; from seeing Audrey Hepburn steal her role in My Fair Lady, to hearing Christopher Plummer say that working with her was “like being hit over the head with a Valentine” - Julie Madly Deeply gives audiences the chance to hear ʻJulieʼ explain how she copes with the constant pressure of having to be practically perfect in every way.
It's Raining Me & Julie Madly Deeply
Date: Sunday 16 June
Price: $50 (Double bill program)
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 2.5 hours with intermission
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.