Message from Noosa’s Clean-up Australia Day Co-ordinator, Joe Jurisevic – “Don’t let your unwanted treasure end up as trash!”
Join Noosa’s Great Garage Sale Trail, Part of the National Initiative, Saturday October 26th, 2013
Why not take part in the National Great Garage Sale Trail, on Saturday, October 26th which is supported by Sunshine Coast Council and Noosa Residents & Ratepayers Association? It is part of a National initiative to help turn “Clutter into Cash” for you or your community group! SCC will post your sale in local press and general promotions about the Garage Sale Trail happenings around Qld and Australia will be included in TV and press. This concept commenced 4 years ago in Bondi Beach, NSW and is now supported by Councils and states across Australia – Let’s make the Noosa’s Garage Sale Trail the best!
Last year over 1 million items were redistributed away from potential landfill; $3 million were fund raised and over 80,000 neighbours met each other, according to the official National Garage Sale Trail website. For more information and to register your event, visit SCC or NRRA websites.
Don’t let your unwanted goods and chattels hold you back, take up valuable space in your home and garage, or end up spoilt, wasted and destined for the tip – it could be treasure for others and make cash for you!
Hold your own garage sale and maybe link up with neighbours and have a street party sausage sizzle or picnic getogether afterwards, or work with your local sporting or community organisation to raise funds!
You will also be doing your bit for the environment by re-using, recycling and reducing what goes to the tip and into landfill!
Garage Sale Trail + Noosa Spring Fair at Noosa Leisure Centre, Wallace Park with NRRA Bring & Buy Stall for NSW Fire Victims
Visit the www.garagesaletrail.com.au to register your garage sale or to check where to find bargains at your nearest garage sales and see attached list for most recent sales to be listed. Plan your day so you can visit as many sales as possible, and come to the Noosa Spring Fair at the Noosa Leisure Centre and Library, Wallace Park to support the NRRA Garage Sale “Bring & Buy” Stall and enjoy the health & well being activities, stalls, library book sales and Jump bunch for 1-3 year olds.
NRRA is holding a Garage Sale Trail “Bring and Buy” stall to raise funds for victims of NSW fires, at the Noosa Spring Fair, and seeks your support. Please “Bring” along any goods that others might want to “Buy”, or just come along to find some treasures and bargains to help the folk who have lost everything to the fires and need help urgently. All funds raised will be donated via Noosa Rotary Club and any leftover goods will be donated to local charities. The Spring Fair runs from 9am – 1pm. Goods can be Brought earlier and throughout the morning.
Other Local Garage Trail Sales featuring many bargains and treasures include:
· Noosa Landcare & NICA’s bumper event in Pomona, 65 Pavilion St; (donated goods can be dropped to NICA office, Noosa Marina, by Thursday – 5449 9650, for delivery to Pomona)
· Multiple garden pots and accessories at 10, Curlew Crescent, Cooroy.
· Sunshine Beach School P&C – multiple school uniforms (without SB school labels so suits all), school shoes and household items at 15 Forest Court,Tewantin;
· Man Cave Clear-out sale 6, Gumnut Court, Tewantin;
· New (ex shop stock) Ladies handbags, new and preloved jewellery, fashion clothing and accessories, household goods, bar fridge, outdoor chairs and more. 7, Mermaid Quay, Noosa Waters;
· Baby goods at 8, Park Crescent in Sunshine Beach with donation to go to Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation;
Here are few of my favourite tips to help you have a successful Garage Sale:
· Prepare signs to promote your garage sale.
· Send details of your garage sale to the National Garage Sale Trail website and to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org so I can include it in local promotions. Good promotion is essential to attract customers!
· Sort out all the goods that you would like to sell into groups of similar merchandise to help the buyer see what he or she might want eg toys, sporting goods, clothing, books, puzzles, kitchenware, furniture etc.
· Work out on which tables, chairs and in which space you are going to hold your sale.
· Have items priced or sorted onto areas of the table or space that are at a certain price and have a sign saying this.
· Call in the troops - get friends and family to help, but prepare them with information about how you want things run and costs of items.
· Make sure pets are locked away and that there are no tripping hazards or other potential risks – think safety first!
· Prepare water, drinks, snacks and lunch items to have handy, so that you do not have to leave your sale at a critical time!
· Have some coins and notes as a cash float ready for those cash sales.
· Have a money-belt or container with a lid and keep track of it.
· Don’t accept cheques.
Think home security
· Lock all your doors and windows.
· Secure all gates.
· Do not allow anyone to enter your home. Work out where the nearest public loos are, so you can give that information, if needed.
Have fun – why not have a dress-up themed Sale?
Good luck with your special event. Please let me know if you have any more tips which I can pass on! Thank you for helping our environment by re-using, re-cycling and reducing waste!
As part of its commitment to working towards sustainability, community safety and well being, connecting the community and promoting positive community values, Noosa Residents & Ratepayers Association Inc. is pleased to support the Great Garage Sale Trail initiative and encourages householders to take up the challenge and turn clutter into cash! Take advantage of this special date to hold your own garage sale or support your community group of choice.
Dr. Brian Stockwell
President, Noosa Residents & Ratepayers Assn Inc.
Join Noosa's Great Garage Sale Trail
Various Locations all across Noosa
Saturday October 26th 2013
Send details of your garage sale to the National Garage Sale Trail website and to Joe Jurisevic at email@example.com
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.