Telling stories set in the past to help us understand the present.
Kate Grenville is one of Australia’s best known authors. Her bestselling novel The Secret River has been published in more than 20 countries.
It received numerous awards, including the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, and was shortlisted for both the Man Booker Prize and the Miles Franklin Literary Award.
Kate’s latest novel Sarah Thornhill, the third in Kate’s Colonial Trilogy, takes us back to the early Australia of The Secret River and the Thornhill family.
In Kate’s own words, Sarah Thornhill is set in the past, but it’s as much about today as about yesterday. It’s about the dark legacies hidden in families, about love and unlooked-for happiness, and about keeping stories alive.’
Meet Kate over lunch as she talks to writer and radio presenter Alexandria Bernard about her book and how family history can stimulate great stories.
Kate Grenville – Literary Luncheon
Date: Monday 18 June
Venue: Trio’s on the River
Duration: 2 hours (includes lunch)
Inclusions: 2 course luncheon with
glass of wine
Associated Event: Kate Grenville in conversation with Richard Fidler,
The J main stage, Sunday 17 June, 10.00am.
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
Trio’s on the River, Tewantin
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.