With a long and illustrious career, multi-award winning author Kate Grenville is one of Australia’s finest writers.
Kate is the author of nine works of fiction and four works of non-fiction, her novels have won many awards both in Australia and the UK, several have been made into major feature films, and all have been translated into European and Asian languages.
Kate’s latest novel Sarah Thornhill, the third in Kate’s “Colonial Trilogy” which began with The Secret River, again addresses the dark legacy of colonialism, especially its impact on Australia’s Aboriginal peoples.
ABC Coast FM and 612 ABC Brisbane broadcaster Richard Fidler will talk to Kate about her life as an acclaimed writer, the creative process and its ups and downs.
The chat will also cover the extensive research she undertook for her most recent works and the issues that emerged from that research. It promises to be a compelling event.
Kate Grenville speaks with Richard Fidler
Sunday 17 June
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 90 minutes
Associated Events: Kate Grenville lunch with Alexandria Bernard at Trios on the River, Monday 18 June, 12.30pm.
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.