Sustainability Expo—fast track your eco-research
If you’ve done your research into solar, water tanks and cleaning products you’ll know there’s a wealth of information out there and working through it all is a time consuming process.
This Saturday from 10am – 3pm, Sunshine Coast Council is inviting renovators, builders, businesses and households to come to the free Living Smart Solutions Expo at the Mooloolaba TAFE campus.
The Expo is a one stop shop for sustainable products and services available right here on the Coast and you can actually talk to a real person about your individual situation and needs.
Environment Portfolio Councillor Keryn Jones said because the expo has it all under one roof, it’s a great place to get ideas and find new ways to make sustainability changes.
“It’s not only things like solar that make a difference—choosing environmentally responsible companies and products can strengthen their position and ultimately force a change in the way we do business,” Cr Jones said.
“Householders and businesses alike can make huge savings by changing a few simple things, sometimes it’s just knowing which changes to make in the first place and what products are out there—that’s where the expo comes in.”
There are free workshops including:
• 11.30am House design for climate workshop (beginners) - Lecture Theatre
• 11.30am Worm farming - The Deck
• 1.45pm Energy transition (sustainable careers) - Lecture Theatre
• 1.45pm Composting master session - The Deck
And expo highlights include:
• The ABC surfing scientist Ruben Meerman will entertain and educate with two snappy presentations at 10.30am and 12.45pm
• Visit the folks from Blessed earth, locals who manufacture organic wool mattresses, quilts and pillows and organic cotton bed-linen, underwear and other items
• Find out about water tanks, eco lighting specialists, green gifts, rockcote paints, solar, bokashi, edible landscaping, Travel Smart, eco assessors and lots more
• Plus be one of the first to visit the Sustainability Interpretive Centre…hands on demonstrations and lots of fun for the whole family.
Living Smart Solutions Expo
Date: Saturday 18 June 2011
Time: 10am to 3pm
Location: Sustainability Interpretive Centre, Sunshine Coast TAFE, Mooloolaba campus, 34 Lady Musgrave Dr, Mountain Creek
Mooloolaba TAFE campus, Mountain Creek
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.