Register for the Low Carbon Diet Program and join in a range of
activities to help you to reduce your carbon footprint.
The format of the Low Carbon Diet program will be:
* Initial group meeting, where we explain the program, how to use the carbon calculators to calculate your carbon footprint. This group meeting is mandatory.
* Final group meeting, where we measure people's progress and tally up how we have helped reduce our carbon footprint as a group. This group meeting will be held about 30 days after the initial meeting and you will be notified of the date of this workshop.
Between these two meetings, libraries will be holding other activities such as workshops on worm farming, composting, growing your own veggies, how to keep chickens and how to have solar panels installed which you may be interested in attending. All of these workshops are totally voluntary, and while not part of the Low Carbon Diet, may provide interested people in achieving even better outcomes, and extending their learning.
What you will need to participate in the Low Carbon Diet program:
* Copies of your last four Electricity and/or gas bills
* A mobile phone if you have one (and you need to provide us with permission to send a text message a day to your phone throughout the 30 day program). You can still attend this program even if you don't have a mobile phone, but we believe it will improve our success at helping you increase your energy and water savings at home.
* A desire to save energy, water and money.
Simply contact the library location below to book into a session.
Low Carbon Diet Program
Friday 12 March 2010 To: Saturday 8 May 2010
Location Date and Time Contact Details
Caloundra Library Saturday 17th April, 10.00 am -- 12.00 Noon (07) 5491 1255
Nambour Library Thursday 25th March, 2.00 pm -- 4.00 pm (07) 5441 8332
Nambour Library Saturday 27th March, 9.30am -- 11.30am (07) 5441 8332
Noosa Library Friday 12th March, 10.00 am -- 12 Noon (07) 5442 4411
Maroochydore Library Wednesday 24th March, 2.00 pm -- 4.00 pm (07) 5475 8900
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.