Bringing the mary river communities together to celebrate the wealth and abundance that the river brings to our region through drama, music, art, fun, education, environmental discussions and displays. Follow the links below for more information
'Weaving with Mary' workshops
Happening all afternoon.
• Lots of fun doing creative stuff with weaving and learning about the Mary River. Erica Neate will be here again with the local plant and animal lino printing. Experience the rhythm of the Moonabulla (Mary River) Drummers - a Djembe drum workshop at the back of the oval near the creek. 20 drums will be available for people to join in the durmming circle.
Story Telling Tent
12:00 - 5pm
Come and tell a story - everyone has a story - how about teh one about the river of this valley or floods.
Lots of activities including:
• Circus and Hula Hooping
• Hay Maze
• Face Painting
• Weaving flood debris onto fence near stage
Movie and Speakers Tent - Mary River Tent
Tent shared with Talking Circle and MRCCC
Going throughout the day with:
• inspirational talks on interesting topics and
• movies on the river and the Environment.
• Sound tent with sound artist Leah Barclay's recordings of the underwater sound of the Mary River
Other Workshop Tent
There will be demonstrations and hands-on activities including:
• Weaving with natural fibres - all afternoon
• Learn how to fix your bike with Dave.
Interactive childrens activities with Mary Valley Chaplain throughout the afternoon.
For further information please visit http://www.maryriverfestival.org.au/contact-us
Mary River Festival
Saturday 8th November 2014,
12 noon - 8pm
Kandanga Recreation Grounds (Spicers Oval)
Kandanga Recreation Grounds, Kandanga
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.