The second National Mental Health Summit – ‘Out of the Shed’ focuses
on the theme of male mental health as Australian males are
over-represented in the data on suicide, alcohol & drug related
problems, violent crime and injury resulting from dangerous behaviour.
Despite this, males often don’t access available services or admit to problems until they are very unwell.
Some of Australia’s leading experts in mental health will present issues that challenge and confront, providing a range of perspectives on men and boys in the 21st century in Australian Society.
Keynote Presenters include: • Steve Biddulph, best selling author of raising boys • Professor Patrick McGorry, AO, Australian of the Year 2010
• Major General Paul Alexander, AO, Surgeon General, ADF
• Dawn O’Neil, AM, CEO, beyondblue
• Professor Ian Hickie, Director, Brain & Mind Research Institute
• Andrew Horabin, The Eldership Project
• Dr Liz Scott, Campbelltown headspace
• Peter McGeorge, former NZ Mental Health Commissioner
• Louise Earnshaw, Christmas Island Psychologist Master
• Raising boys to be resilient loving men
• Males in high risk settings
• Innovative ways of reaching males
• Rites of passage
• Mental Health Services Expo – showcase of local services
• Clinical dinner 20th July with Patrick McGorry & Steve Biddulph
• Social dinner 21st July – “Men on Track” a fundraising dinner for the Centre for Healthy Minds
Out of the Shed: Men, Boys & Mental Health
The Event Centre, 20 Minchinton Street, Caloundra, QLD
21/07/2011 - 22/07/2011
Both days start at 8:30AM and end at 4:30pm with dinners in the evening at 6:30PM on the 20th and 21st of July.
1 day $175
2 days $300
The day tickets do not include the dinners.
Dinner tickets cost $65.
The Event Centre, Caloundra
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.