A certificate training course for teachers, parents, therapists, and all who would like to GIVE CHILDREN THE GIFT OF YOGA
YOGA IN DAILY LIFE - SUNSHINE COAST
Friday, 24 August 2007 (evening) and
Saturday, 25 August to Sunday, 26 August 2007
This is a fun, insightful, and practical training course for all levels of experience with children and/or yoga training. Beginners are welcome. Come prepared to move your body and be young at heart!
Level 1: Children's Yoga Teacher Training Program Itinerary
• Guidelines for teaching yoga to children from toddlers to teens
• Overview of children's yoga: benefits for children, parents and teachers
• Learn yoga postures, stories, songs, and games to share with children
• Yoga for children with Special Needs and learning difficulties
• How to share relaxation, meditation and quiet time with children
• Healing and therapeutic yoga for children
• Teaching partner and group yoga
• Incorporating yoga activities and exercises in everyday learning within the classroom
• Working with class management and discipline
• Practicing Brain Gym exercises (to help co-ordinate the brain for learning)
• How to adapt children's yoga for schools
• Ideas for keeping children focused, engaged and interested
• Structuring and marketing children's yoga classes
• Keeping ourselves focused and aware while working with children
• Sharing and networking with others in the class
• Sample classes for children aged 3-7 and 8-12
"Thank you very much for inspiring me to children's yoga. It is now de-mystified for me and I have an idea of how to structure a great FUN class. I also had lots of fun myself in your program and found both of you [Siri Mukta and Alima Dyal] very knowledgeable, inspiring and fully in line with your purpose of guiding kids." - Liezel, Yoga Teacher, Sydney, November 2006
RCYP Level 1 Teacher Training
Level 1 course includes a comprehensive Teacher Training Handbook, Fly Like a Butterfly: Yoga for Children book and a CD of children's yoga and meditation songs. The course qualifies as credit hours for RYT certification through Yoga Alliance. Certificate given upon completion and opportunity to be listed on the childsyoga website.
Course tuition: $340.00 payable in full by 10 August 2007
$290.00 (Early bird registration - payment required by 13 July 2007)
Places are limited, please book early. Bring pens, notepads, water bottle, hats, blankets, pillows and a shawl for yoga and floor sitting.
Registration: Friday, 24 August 2007: 6:00pm
Tuition Hours: Friday, 24 August 2007: 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Saturday, 25 August 2007: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Sunday, 26 August 2007: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Location and Contact Details
Yoga in Daily Life - Sunshine Coast
Suite 6 (upstairs), 80 Sixth Ave
Cottontree, Maroochydore QLD 4558
Phone: (07) 5479 4833
About the facilitator
Siri Mukta began her career in communications. The birth of her first child highlighted the need for spiritual and nurturing activities for children. She chose to combine her own love of yoga with teaching yoga to children and adults. She has been teaching and advocating yoga for children since 2003.
Siri Mukta is a qualified Communications Practitioner, Radiant Child Yoga Program Teacher Trainer (Level 1), an IKYTA certified Kundalini Yoga instructor for adults and children and a RCYP teacher (Levels 1, 2 and 3). She has also completed Yoga for the Special Child™ Level 1 with Sonia Sumar.