SAVE ICONIC NOOSA FOR QUEENSLAND
Noosa Shire continues to fight the decision handed down last Friday, by the Local Government Reform Commission to adopt a Sunshine Coast Super Council that is proposed to include Noosa, Maroochydore and Caloundra.
A rally organized in Brisbane this Friday will see thousands of Noosa residents show their disapproval with the decision and try to save their iconic Noosa.
A media conference will be staged tomorrow to outline the activities planned for the rally and how Noosa residents can get involved.
Last week's recommendation could well be felt both State and Federally at the next election and be the last nail in the Labor parties coffin should they decide to amalgamate Noosa.
DATE: Wednesday 1st August 2007
PLACE: Noosa Marina
Keep an eye out for...
• Mayor Bob Abbot wheeling a barrow full of 31,000 nails (representing one nail for each resident that wrote to the Reform Commission and 86% of all submission lodged to the State Government in protest of amalgamation).
• Rally participants preparing to march in Brisbane
• Cyclists making their way to Brisbane
• Time Capsule depicting Noosa now and what it might be in 5 years time.
• The completed Postcard due to be delivered this Friday to Parliament