GET READY TO SHOUT OUT LOUD
This year's leading youth arts event - Shout Out Loud, will be staged at The J (Noosa) and the Butter Factory Arts Centre (Cooroy) on the 21st and the 22nd of June. The festival is now in its 3rd year and provides young people with an opportunity to create, participate and attend an event which is by, for and about them.
Boasting a massive showcase of almost 250 young musicians, theatre performers, dancers, artists, bands, film makers and circus performers, this year's event is yet again bigger and better! Running over two days it will host three events including:
THEATRE PROGRAM Saturday 21st June: 1-5pm @ The J
Sit back and enjoy the show!! The theatre program showcases over 150 young people in productions including:
• "Runaway" a performance created by 40 young people & visiting artists Backbone Youth Arts as part of Council's Get Connected Residency Program
• Dance Performances including a break-dance performance by up to 50 young people from the K&K Breakdance Crew and a group called Asian Dance made up of 4 young women exploring the traditional dances of their cultures
• "The Only One" a play written by 16 year old Jacqueline and performed by the Mary-Anne Vale Acting School.
• School and Community Bands including the Sunshine Coast Grammar School Big Band & the Sunshine Coast Youth Orchestra
• Real Live Wire Installation
ROCK GIG - Saturday 21st June 8pm - 11pm @ The J
ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!! With some of the best local youth bands around including:
• Spek2c - this young band that has only been together for 10 months has certainly been getting some attention - playing a number of large local gigs in the recent months sharing their original rock ballads.
• The One 2 - both Jack Griffin & Jarith Hughes are musical veterans at only 13 & 14 years Their original rock songs have been loved by many on the coast and abroad - this year two of their songs were listed in the top 100 of Triple J's Unearthed Competition.
• Zaar - formed in early 2007 this 4 piece bands has played at number of gigs across the Sunshine Coast wowing crowds with their melodic alternative rock music and winning competitions including 2nd place in the Nambour Show's Battle of the Bands Competition.
• Vagrant City Scandal - The three piece band has created a stir through out Qld playing over 30 live shows in the last year alone and sharing the stage with bands including Showpony, Evermore and MXPX. The band's original infectious rock, pop and roll is sure to create a danceable sound.
• Wingspan - this band has been playing gigs locally and all the way down the south east coast of Qld. The group's original rock/ metal blend of music has seen them positioned as favourites in their genre recently winning the Noosa "School of Rock" Battle of the Bands Comp.
COMMUNITY CELEBRATION: Sunday 22nd June: 1pm - 6:30pm @ Butter Factory Arts Centre (Cooroy)
The party isn't over yet …this may be the last event - but it's certainly not the least… Going out with a bang Shout Out Loud Sunday at Cooroy will include a massive line up including four bands, four soloists, visual art exhibition, circus performance, films, creative workshops and much more!!
• Rock bands including: Full Static, 46 Fighter, Revelation & Arcane New Year
• Solo Musicians including: Taylor Moss, Stephanie Brownlee & Lucas Tranchitella
• Circus Performance by Rayin Haining
• Visual Art Exhibition including photography, jewellery and paintings by Gabriella Guimaraes, Matt Donnelly, Rayin Haining & Marina Haycroft
• The Best of SCRUFFFY (Sunshine Coast Regional Underground Film Festival For Young people) films by young people from across the Sunshine Coast
60 Noosa Drive
Butter Factory Arts Centre
10 Maple Street
The J & Butter Factory Arts Centre, Not Assigned
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.