Don't miss a fantastic opportunity to check out the Suncoast Gem & Fossicking Club!
If you think we just grind rocks then come and see the full range of fascinating activities! See a castle made from 4,366 pieces of polished stones that is a complete replica of an English castle. Watch a machine that makes bowls from pieces of rock. Indulge yourself in a FREE cup of coffee or tea with a sandwich and piece of cake or try a FREE sausage from the BBQ. Keep the kids amused at the Kid's Corner where they can do a little fossicking themselves -- two FREE goes! Buy yourself a nice piece of jewellery or a fascinating specimen from the club stall. Take a chance in the raffle to win some great prizes.
Go on a FREE guided tour with lots of information on the club's activities:
* turning rocks into pieces of art or jewellery;
* working silver to produce eye-catching jewellery;
* casting silver or gold into beautiful designs;
* faceting precious and semi-precious material into gem quality stones;
* using silver wire to "wrap" stones and create pendants, bracelets, necklaces and earrings;
* getting out into the fields and digging and/or collecting your own specimens;
* and so much more. DON'T MISS IT !!!
Suncoast Gem & Fossicking Club Public Open Day
Syd Lingard Drive, Buderim
(opposite the Headland Bowls Club)
05 February 2011
Starts at 9am through to 2pm
Gemclub Clubhouse, Buderim
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.