Council's Free Holiday Buses will hit the streets from Boxing Day to help locals and visitors get around easily this festive season.
Travel will be free on local TransLink services 626, 627, 628, 629 and 632 until January 5, with a free temporary shuttle, 064, to operate between Noosa Heads and Peregian Beach via Noosaville.
This year the free shuttle 064 service will also loop through Noosa Heads and Noosaville.
"The shuttle bus will travel from the Hastings Street bus interchange along Noosa Parade and Weyba Road, and then back out to the eastern beaches, via Noosa Junction," says Cr Brian Stockwell. "The change will enable even more residents and visitors to enjoy free travel."
The Boreen Point Flexilink service and Noosa Council Cabs service will also be free from Boxing Day to January 5. Normal booking procedures will apply.
More than 40,000 people boarded the Free Holiday Buses last year.
"Well over half of the passengers polled last year said they had access to a car in Noosa, so it's great to see people choosing the bus over their own private transport," Cr Stockwell said.
"It means fewer cars on our roads, which helps ease traffic congestion and lessens demand for parking at our busy precincts."
Regular services, which will be free from December 26 to January 5:
- Route 626 – Tewantin to Sunrise Beach via Noosa Heads.
- Route 627 – Tewantin to Sunshine Beach via Noosa Heads.
- Route 628 – Noosa Parklands to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic.
- Route 629 – Tewantin to Noosa Junction via Noosa Civic.
- Route 632 – Noosa to Cooran via Cooroy and Pomona.
- Route 064 – (Additional temporary service) Peregian Beach to Noosa Heads via Noosaville. For residents living between Peregian Beach and Noosa, instead of catching Route 620, the temporary service, Route 064 (operated by Sunbus) is for you.
"We're pleased to deliver this initiative in cooperation with Sunbus and TransLink."
Generally, a weekend timetable will operate on most public holidays with most services terminating around 7pm, so be sure to check timetables at www.translink.com.au or call 13 12 30 anytime.
For additional information visit www.noosa.qld.gov.au/free-holiday-buses or call (07) 5329 6500.