Escape & Relax
Title Details: Lot 8 on plan SP 245 681
Land size: 9.74 hectares; approx. 24 acres
Main Residence Size: Approx. 400m2 internal: 100m2 decks
Guest Cottage Size: Approx 50m2
Construction: Concrete, steel & timber with rendered blockwork & selective architectural cladding (inc. interlocking VMZinc panels & Danpalon)with anodized aluminium windows
Architect: Tim Cronin
Builder: Jaicon Construction
Retreat to this stunning rural property. Nestled into a secluded ridge, the privacy, tranquillity and extraordinary scenery from this grandstand position looking north over the glassy waters of Baroon Pocket Reservoir will quickly steal your heart.
Skilful architect Tim Cronin produced an inspired design and talented builder Jaicon Construction steered it through to completion. With an emphasis on the interplay of interior and exterior, this spatially innovative, contemporary masterpiece celebrates the use of robust materials dictated by the site.
Interlocking VMZinc panels wrap around a lofted roof 4 car garage with rendered concrete walls and a gas strut translucent panel window acts like a set of bellows to funnel a mountain breeze above the double timber and stainless main doors. Both playful & practical, the centre point of the home is a 3m deep, interior salt-water pool, which provides visual delight & cooling breezes to most rooms. Clever use of natural light and airflow via banks of louvres in split level ceilings offers a living environment that makes the most of Maleny's sought-after, sub-tropical climate.
The impressive entry in to the 7 metre high lounge, with grand local-stone fireplace creates a desire to further explore this wonderfully spacious home. The tactile nature of the house comes nicely into play, with a wall of glass louvres bouncing light off an aggregate block bedroom wing facing the pool.
Pale timber joinery and crisp white ceramics in sleekly styled bathrooms contrast the industrial integrity of commercial grade sliding and concertina glass doors drifting to poolside northern decks under a sensational flyover roof. A rolled edge western deck invites sundowners, while a large nicely isolated cinema room with built in wine rack premiers new releases in company of a full wide screen experience.
The cutting edge aluminium and brushed stainless finish of a Poggenpohl German-designed kitchen shines with a full complement of Gaggenau gas and electric appliances and takes pride of place alongside a glass-enclosed sitting room that has a line of sight atop a curved wall dam, reticulated mass-planted gardens, rocky watercourse and massive recycled timber piers saluting those spectacular ever present views.
A light infused hallway leads past 3 large bedrooms and links an eastern wing main bedroom suite with gorgeous stand-alone Apaiser bath, indulgently large dressing room and superbly attired ensuite. A generous study is attractive for work or to unwind, with truly inspirational views across the valley to mountains in the near distance. A laundry and 4-car garage complete the home, which offers easy living in an almost sculptural architectural space.
Just a short walk from the main residence is the fully appointed studio, where visitors will be delighted by equally magnificent views, whilst overlooking easy trails to explore the rainforest and its wondrous flora and fauna
* 24 acres, with duel road access to North Maleny Road, buffered all the way to Baroon Pocket Dam by Unity Water owned rainforest
* Beautifully landscaped gardens with extensive rock walls; timber totems, recycled from the Shell Wharf in Brisbane; feature creek beds; easy-care mass-planting; and beautiful, detail lighting throughout
* Extensive trails to explore the rainforest and its wondrous flora and fauna including, wallabies, echidnas and a resident koala
* Half-acre animal enclosure, with 2.4m high secure fencing
* Irrigated, north-facing terraces, used by previous owner to farm organically grown produce
* Two dams provide a supplementary water supply to a home already serviced by 7 x 25000 litre tanks
* Four car garage with RaceDeck easy-care flooring
* 3-bay shed with 3-phase power
* "Steel Trowel Polished" concrete floors & ceilings in bedrooms, bathrooms & lounge
* Blackbutt timber flooring in kitchen, living/dining, hallway & study
* Remote controlled, electric external blinds in main living areas
* Feature lighting including: Moooi Raymond LED pendants at front & rear entrances: Vistosi, hand blown pendants in lounge: and 3 x Mercure pendant lights in kitchen
* Bespoke lighting in bedrooms & bathrooms & hallway
* Anodised aluminium, Poggenpohl kitchen with: Gaggenau oven, gas hob & electric internal barbecue: built-in Miele dishwasher (supplementary ASKO dishwasher in pantry): Liebherr built-in fridge
* Stainless steel benchtops with built-in Franke sinks in kitchen, pantry & laundry
* Zip hot & cold hydrotap in pantry supplied by rain water filtered through 2-stage, whole-house filter, UV filter & in-built Zip filter
* Stainless steel bookshelves & fireplace lintel in lounge
* Sonance "invisible" surround sound speakers in living room & pool deck ceilings
* Retractible SIM2 projector & Grandview screen in living room
* Bespoke bathroom vanities & Corian benchtops with integrated 'organic' sink design
* Feature Apaiser stone bath
* Cabled & wireless network throughout main residence & guest cottage
* Monitored security & fire alarm in main residence & shed
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes only.