On Saturday 10 November the winners will be announced at the Gala Celebration Function to be held at the Innovation Centre at University of the Sunshine Coast. The Awards Gala has been hailed as the’ hottest business party in town’ and attracts close to 650 guests. Guests include the region’s business, community and government leaders and is a fitting tribute to the Awards program. Awards Gala - Saturday 10 November
The 2012 Sunshine Coast Excellence in Business Awards categories include:
• Building/Manufacturing (eg: Construction; Building Services; Manufacturing; Suppliers and Contractors; Engineering; Town Planning and Surveying).
• Professional/Business Services (eg: Legal; Medical; Accounting; Financial Planning; Finance; Mortgage/Insurance Brokers; Real Estate; Business Broking; Human Resources; Distribution Companies)
• Creative Industries (eg: Audio-Visual; Media; Digital/Social Media; News Media; Advertising; Marketing; Communications; Craft and Visual Arts; Design (fashion, graphic, Urban, architectural, industrial, interior); Film and Television; Music; Performing Arts; Writing and Publishing; Software; Smartphone Applications and Video Games).
• Training, Knowledge and Development Industries (eg: Biotechnology; Education; Training and Teaching; Industry Development Advice; Information; Communication Technologies; Research and Development).
• Environmental Industries (Water; Waste; Energy; Recycling; Natural Environment, Soils)
• Food and Beverage Production (eg: Regionally Grown Producers; Dairy Producers; Beverage Producers; Seafood/Aquaculture Producers; Confectionery/Bakery Producers; Value-Adders; Livestock Producers)
• Lifestyle Services (eg: Hairdressing; Beauty Salons and Day Spas; Business/Life Coaches; Fitness Centres; Health Retreats)
• Retail/Specialist Services/Home Based Vendors (eg: Retail - large department stores to single operators; Markets; On-line home based businesses; Network Marketing; Trade Services)
• Hospitality (eg: Cafes/Coffee Shops; Restaurants; Food outlets/services; Catering; Wholesale Food Suppliers; Businesses involved in a service of welcoming/ hosting or entertaining guests)
• Tourism (Accommodation)
• Tourism (Attractions)
• Tourism (Experiences)
• Outstanding Business Person of the Year
• Outstanding Employee of the Year
• Small Business of the Year (selected from the category winners)
• Enterprise of the Year (selected from the category winners)
• Hall of Fame
To nominate your business, yourself or another business in the Sunshine Coast Business Awards:
• Nominate online www.scbizawards.org or by phone on 5443 5661
Nominations for the 2012 Sunshine Coast Business Awards are now open.
The awards are designed to recognise and celebrate the efforts and achievements of the diverse and dedicated Sunshine Coast business community. Businesses and individuals are encouraged to nominate a business or person that they believe excels at what they do or to self-nominate.
Entries Close: 31 August
Judging - Business Categories
Finalists undergo a three tier judging process consisting of written submission, on site business interview and mystery shop. Each section is judged by two judges and all six scores are added together to determine the large and small winner of each category. All judges scores are included in the totals to maintain impartiality. The highest scoring large and small business across all categories is awarded Enterprise of the Year and Small Business of the Year.
Judging - Individual Categories
Outstanding Employee of the Year and Outstanding Business Person of the Year finalists are judged on their written application and a panel style interview.
Related 2012 Sunshine Coast Business Awards News
13 Sep 2012 - Finalists announced for Sunshine Coast Business Awards 2012
05 Sep 2012 - Record Number of Nominations Received for 2012 Sunshine Coast Business Awards
20 Aug 2012 - Time Running Out to Enter 2012 Sunshine Coast Business Awards
03 Aug 12 - Nominations rolling in for 2012 Sunshine Coast Business Awards
Innovation Centre at University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.