Gymnasts to compete in Queensland Cup
The 1,000-plus artistic gymnasts competing in Caloundra this weekend are not the only ones battling it out on the Sunshine Coast this week, with sport aerobics gymnasts also converging on the University of the Sunshine Coast Sports Stadium Sunshine Coast on 28-29 June to compete in the Aerobic Gymnastics Queensland Cup.
Almost 300 gymnasts from 10 clubs will compete in the two-day event, which is always popular with spectators due to the high level of creativity on display.
Gymnastics Queensland Chief Executive Officer Kym Dowdell said the event promised to be a great showcase of the state’s most elite gymnasts in this discipline.
“Routines usually combine elements of traditional aerobics, sports acrobatics and rhythmic gymnastics with music, dance and choreography, so we’re bound to see a range of high energy performances,” Ms Dowdell said.
“The competition is set to be strong this year, with athletes competing against some of the state’s best gymnasts.”
Ms Dowdell said those looking for some weekend family entertainment were welcome to come along and spectate, with the event open to the public.
“These events provide a great opportunity for those interested in gymnastics to see some of our finest competitors in action, performing complex routines which demonstrate perfect integration of movement, music and expression.”
The event will be held at the University of the Sunshine Coast Sports Stadium in Sippy Downs. Tickets are available at the door.
For further details on this event, please visit www.gymqld.org.au.
Saturday, 28 June
· Session one — Aeroskools (all levels), Level 4 Junior and Mini Individuals, Level 3 Mini Multiples
· Session two — Level 3 and 4 Intermediate Individuals, Level 6 Junior, Intermediate and Senior Individuals, Level 7 Intermediate and Senior Individuals, National Development Individuals, Aerodance (all levels), Level 3 Mini Individuals
· Session three — International AG1, AG2 & Senior individuals, Level 3 Junior Individuals, Level 6 Intermediate and Senior Multiples, Level 7 Intermediate and Senior Multiples, Level 4 Intermediate Multiples
Sunday, 29 June
· Session four — Level 5 Junior Individual, Level 3 Junior and Intermediate Multiples, Level 3 Junior and Intermediate Multiples, Level 5 Intermediate Individuals
· Session five (finals) —National Development, AG1, AG2 and Senior, Level 5 Senior individuals,Level 4 Junior Multiples, Level 5 Intermediate Multiples, Level 6 and Level 7 Senior Multiples
Presentations: 5.30pm- 6.00pm
· Session six — Level 3 Junior and Intermediate Individuals, Aerodance (all levels), Level 6 Junior, Intermediate and Senior Individuals, Level 7 Intermediate and Senior Individuals, Level 4 Intermediate and Senior Individuals
Presentations: 5.30pm- 6.00pm
2014 Aerobic Gymnastics Queensland Cup
Saturday, 28 June-Sunday, 29 June
University of the Sunshine Coast Sports Stadium
Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs QLD
University of the Sunshine Coast Sports Stadium, Sippy Downs
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.