A Weekend of Meditation
Saturday 28th July 9.00am - 4.00pm
And/Or Sunday 29th July 9.00am - 4.00pm
with Venerable Sonam
Day 1: "Yes, You Can Meditate!"
(A general introduction to meditation)
This is a course for anyone who wants to give meditation a go but worries they can't do it!
During this day of exploration and gentle learning,
• you'll hear about the benefits of meditation (and why it's not just for Buddhists)
• you'll get to try a range of different meditation techniques that involve body, breath and mind
• You'll learn "takeaway" practices that will fit into even the most hectic lives
• advice on how to start a regular meditation practice,
• how to recognise the obstacles and to work skilfully with them.
• Plus, Sönam (a yoga teacher prior to her ordination) will offer some advice about how to find a sitting posture that works for you — whether that's in a chair or on a cushion
This is an ideal day to recommend to people who would benefit from meditation but aren't necessarily interested in Buddhism as a religious practice.
$49 or $84 for Day 1 & 2
Day 2: Change Your Mind
(A guide to Buddhist meditation)
All the Buddhist teachings in the world won't help us until we put them into practice.
The purpose of meditation is to become familiar with positive states of mind. We meditate in order to deepen our understanding of core concepts like compassion and loving-kindness, until eventually we develop an experience of them. As we transform our mind, so do we transform our world.
During this one-day workshop you'll be introduced to:
• simple but powerful meditations that can be the foundation of a daily Buddhist practice
• We'll look at the meaning of compassion and loving-kindness and how they overcome negative states like anger and selfishness.
• Explore their relevance to our everyday lives and how analytical meditations can help free us from the places where we're stuck
You may like to stay at the centre on Friday and/or Saturday nights in order to enjoy the peaceful and relaxing environment — very conducive to calming busy minds!
Please book in advance. Numbers are limited.
Facility Fee for one day: $49 or $84 for the weekend plus food and accommodation.
For more information contact Venerable Drolkar 0405 268 828
Venue: Chenrezig Institute
Phone: 07 5453 2108 for bookings.
33 Johnsons Road, Eudlo Q