The Noosa Longweekend Festival invites you to savour the delights of gourmet food and wine on a relaxing tour into the hinterland.
Board your coach at The J Theatre, Noosa Junction, at 9.00am sharp. We journey first, via Nambour, to Freestyle Gourmet Escape in Dulong, a unique outdoor Cookery School, with amazing views to the sea. Here you will enjoy morning coffee and dessert cake accompanied by a sweet wine tasting presentation, plus a look at the herb garden and exotic orchard. All hosted by Martin Duncan.
Then we safari onwards along the picturesque Blackhall Ranges to the tour highlight – lunch in the elegant ambience of the Reserve Restaurant, near Maleny. This will be a four-course menu degustation with four glasses of wine to complement each dish.
Your hosts are Kieran Reaki, talented and genial owner-chef, in partnership with Steve Hofferman, equally talented and knowledgeable owner-sommelier.
After lunch, we drive down the ranges to Eumundi to visit the impressive state-of the-art chocolate factory, Cocoa Chocolat. Chocolatiere, Louisa Raven, who learnt chocolate making from her Belgian mother, is our guide into the history, skill and art of chocolate making.
Indulge in some chocolate tasting and make your purchase before boarding the coach for the final drive back to Noosa.
All day hinterland gourmet safari
Date: Wednesday 20 June
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Starts and finishes at turn over J Theatre
Duration: Approximately 8 hours
Inclusions: Coffee and cake, 1 glass wine tasting for morning tea; 4-course luncheon with 4 glasses wine, chocolate factory viewing and tasting; coach fare. Tickets are for shared table seating. Bookings limited to 50.
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
Starts and finishes at turn over J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.