‘An Evening with Bernadette Robinson’
Following the sold-out, critically acclaimed Australian tour of her one-woman play 'Songs For Nobodies', Bernadette Robinson will make her first appearance at the Noosa Long Weekend Festival with a concert of songs by her favourite performers and song-writers.
This is a wonderful opportunity to hear Bernadette in concert. Accompanied on piano by regular collaborator Paul Noonan, she will perform songs made famous by Piaf, Garland, Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday and Maria Callas as well as outrageous send-ups of some other icons of song and pieces by contemporary songwriters. No doubt there will also be some surprises.
'The miraculous voice of Bernadette Robinson' (The Australian)
'Her performances of Piaf and Callas…strike another chord altogether: they rise beyond virtuosity to the sublime. In these moments, she is doing more than imitation. The baroque composer Lully is supposed to have said that music was a way of speaking to the dead, and Robinson makes you believe it.' (The Australian)
'Bernadette Robinson’s performance is theatrical alchemy…She is remarkable and compelling, her singing thrilling and her characters diverse and sympathetic.' (Herald Sun)
'Robinson is a consummate performer with impeccable vocal skills and a riveting stage presence. Bravissima!' (Herald Sun)
'She is, quite simply, astonishing.' (Crikey.com.au)
'Bernadette is a major talent and a spellbinder.' (Barry Humphries)
Bernadette Robinson’s voice 'touches emotional chords with a delicacy and strength only a true artist can accomplish' (Australian Financial Review)
'The consummate diva' (Adelaide Advertiser).
An Evening with Bernadette Robinson
Date: Saturday 22 June
Price: $60 – all seats
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 75 minutes without intermission
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.