Andrew Denton is probably best known as the host of the popular and incisive ABC television interview program Enough Rope.
Andrew’s comedy and interviewing technique has caused celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Dr Philip Zimbardo to tell the truth as never before.
Andrew is an Australian television producer, comedian, Gold-Logie nominated television presenter and former radio host. He is responsible for introducing the satirical troupe The Chaser to Australian audiences.
His other programs include CNNNN, Gruen Transfer, Elders, Hungry Beast and Gruen Nation. This year Andrew’s production company Zapruder’s other films, will present a new program, Randling, where 10 teams of 2 battle it out on “words”.
It has been described as a fierce and furious half hour, much more terrifying than Stephen Fry’s QI.
Who would be brave enough to interview Denton, the most probing interviewer in Australia?
Playwright David Williamson takes the plunge and will explore the innermost depths of this media mystery man.
What drives Andrew to change from highly successful interviewer to innovative producer? Why look elsewhere and take risks when your career is going brilliantly?
Andrew will screen several clips from his interviews and other shows like CNNNN, Election Chaser and Hungry Beast.
Andrew Denton with David Williamson
Date: Saturday 23 June
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 90 minutes
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.