Sunshine Coast TAFE is offering a dynamic and unique experience for the local Indigenous community.
Well-known Bush Tucker chef Dale Chapman has been engaged to deliver a six week program that incorporates themes of cultural identity with propagation and cooking of Bush Tucker foods.
By working cooperatively within a friendly and supportive team, each participant can learn a rich range of skills. They will learn no-dig garden techniques, learn how to propagate native food plants and vegetables and learn simple and delicious cooking techniques.
This program offers a safe and welcoming environment where women and men can meet and share their skills and culture. By building self esteem and cooperation, each participant will play an invaluable role in creating success for the group.
On completion of this short course, participants will have developed a range of valuable skills that all explore the themes of Bush Tucker and its unique role in Indigenous wellbeing and nutrition.
• Develop an appreciation and knowledge of local Bush Tucker foods and their usage
• Learn how to establish a simple productive backyard garden that will provide unique fresh foods for your family
• Reinforce and value your Indigenous social network
• Share stories and skills
• Develop an improved sense of wellbeing and control
• Participate and create unique Indigenous artwork through painting, clay work and deadly journals
• Explore opportunities for further training and education with the Sunshine Coast TAFE Indigenous Student Support team
• Produce a personal journal of the experience as ‘evidence of work’
• Opportunities to plan future pathways to employment.
Backyard Bites @ Bli Bli Information Day
Learn how to grow, cook and enjoy Bush Tucker
Friday 26 August 2011
10am - 12noon
148 Lefoe’s Road Bli Bli, Sunshine Coast
Downloadble PDF Information Day
148 Lefoe’s Road, Bli Bli
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.