Hop on board for BYO Bollywood Banquet
Lovers of Indian food can add a little spice to their life next month when Slow Food Noosa hosts an evening of colour, cardamom and curries at Pomona's Saffron Namaste restaurant on Friday March 25, 2011. Tickets for the BYO Bollywood Banquet event include free bus transportation from Noosa to Pomona (and return) if required.
Slow Food President Katrina Ryan said that acclaimed Indian chef, Surinder Dhawan will be preparing a three-course dinner of delicious, authentic Indian food accompanied by traditional Indian music and dancing.
"This is a chance to savour the real taste of India thanks to the culinary talents of Surinder who hails from Mumbai, Katrina said.
"Surinder roasts his own spices and adopts an ayurvedic and holistic approach to his cooking which is best described as a blend of traditional Hindu and Moghul influences.
"We're encouraging all Sunshine Coast foodies to get a group of friends together, don their most brightly coloured clothes and a bindi and then join us for a fun filled night of great Indian food and music."
The Bollywood Banquet menu includes:
* Samosa aur Chole - traditional Punjabi samosa served with chickpeas cooked with a tamarind & tea infusion
* Murg Mussulam -- chicken marinated overnight with saffron, yogurt and garam masala and grilled
* Rogan Josh - leg of lamb pieces slow cooked Kashmiri style with spices, tomato, onion, ginger and garlic
* Cardamom and bay leaf basmati pullav rice
* Makhani dhal
* Pickles and pappadums
* Gulab Jamun - traditional warmed milk balls in saffron, cardamom and rosewater syrup OR saffron, ginger & vanilla cheesecake
Bookings are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
DETAILS FOR THE BOLLYWOOD BANQUET:
* Tickets: $55 for Slow Food members and $59 for non-members. BYO.
* Price includes bus transport to the restaurant in Pomona if required. Buses will depart The J Theatre in Noosa Junction at 5.30pm sharp and return guests to The J Theatre at 9.30pm.
* To book: contact Anne Briggs PH: 5474 5585 or email email@example.com by Sunday March 20.
ABOUT THE CHEF
* Surinder Dhawan started his career in a small hotel in Mumbai, quickly moving on to the famous Taj Hotel in Mumbai where he gained all round knowledge in hospitality. He left India in 1978 to head for Bahrain where he worked at the Ramada until he relocated to Switzerland. Living in both Zurich and Geneva, Surinder completed his training whilst working full time and also obtained his Masters degree in Business and Marketing. His next move took him to the UK where he lived for the next 17 years working in and eventually running his own pub restaurants. On arriving in Australia his first taste of working life was for a law firm in Brisbane city, not only working in administration but also catering for the firm. Surinder opened Saffron Namaste in June 2009 which has given him the opportunity to share his passion for the best of traditional Indian cuisine.
ABOUT SLOW FOOD
* Through its understanding of gastronomy with relation to politics, agriculture and the environment Slow Food has become an active player in agriculture and ecology. Slow Food links pleasure and food with awareness and responsibility. The association's activities seek to defend biodiversity in our food supply, spread the education of taste, and link producers of excellent foods to consumers through events and initiatives.
TO JOIN SLOW FOOD NOOSA
* Visit: www.slowfoodnoosa.com
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.