We have hundreds of books up for grabs at very affordable prices at the quarterly Friends of Maroochydore Library book sale from 9am to 5pm on Friday and 9am to 3pm on Saturday.
Titles on sale include popular authors and bestsellers, classic books and a range of genres including mystery, romance, thrillers and more.
There is a book to suit everyone's interests including popular topics such as gardening, computers and cooking.
Young book worms won't miss out either as there will be a range of junior titles to choose from.
The Friends of the Library hosted book sales support Sunshine Coast Libraries and their members.
Friends of the Library groups are community-based, non-profit organisations. They aim is to support and promote the library service as a key cultural, educational, and recreational asset for our community.
related news: Grab a bargain at Maroochydore Library giant book sale
How do Friends achieve their goals?
Meetings are a place to discuss library issues, and offer the opportunity for community participation and assistance in the library service. Through promotion, lobbying and fundraising, the friends can raise community awareness and use of the wide range of library resources and facilities.
The friends aim to:
• encourage community awareness of the resources, programs and activities available through Sunshine Coast Libraries
• provide an avenue for the customers of the libraries to sponsor and support programs and gifts for the libraries
• encourage other gifts, endowments and sponsorship agreements
• promote activities for volunteers
• raise funds for specific, agreed projects
• act as an advocate and lobbyist on behalf of the library and its users – a voice for Sunshine Coast Libraries.
The activities of the friends may include:
• create support for the role of the library in the community
• promote activities for specific library programs
• assist in organising library functions, such as workshops, exhibits and other activities
• volunteer to work in the library on specific tasks, such as provision of services to the home library, or literacy programs
• provide fundraising activities.
Maroochydore Library, 44 Sixth Avenue, Cotton Tree
Friday 25 July, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Saturday 26 July, 9.00 am - 3.00 pm
Maroochydore Library, Cotton Tree
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.