Visit council’s website and facebook for up-to-date Australia Day event cancellations and information
Contact: Visit council’s website or facebook or call Customer Contact on 5475 7272 (Friday only).
At the time of distribution the following community-run events are CANCELLED:
• Coolum Beach - Australia Day celebrations in Tickle Park
• Kenilworth - Australia Day Classic Car Show
• Buderim – Australia Day on Buderim
At the time of distribution the following community-run events have CHANGED THE LOCATION of their event to an indoor venue:
• Buddina/Kawana - All outdoor activities in La Balsa Park have been cancelled. The Citizenship Ceremony will now be held at Kawana Community Centre - Nanyima Street (off Point Cartwright Drive) Buddina.
• Marcoola - All outside activities have been cancelled. Music and raffles will continue inside the Surf Club as planned from 12 noon to 6 pm.
• Noosaville - All outdoor activities in the Noosaville Lions Park have been cancelled. The Noosa Local Legends Awards and Citizenship Ceremony will now be held at the Bi- Centennial Hall - Bicentennial Drive, Sunshine Beach.
Coolum's annual Australia Day Spectacular is on again - starting with the Lionesses Aussie Breakfast on the Beach in Tickle Park at 7am, January 26.
The annual event holds the record for the coast's longest running Aussie Day celebrations - running from 7am to 7:30pm and winding up with a spectacular fireworks display on the beach.
There's plenty going on all day - with links to printable forms included below.
The North Shore Realty Cane Toad Handicap Race - The starting lineup has been finalised for this year’s infamous Coolum Cup. An outstanding field of local talent has been assembled to jostle for top position amongst a knot of high-flying government toads in this year’s event, with race caller Don Knopke again producing an outrageously witty form guide.All racing toads are up for auction to the highest bidder, with buy-it-now prices starting at $50 for local identities and ranging up to $120 for the favourite ‘Corporate Clive’. The race gets underway in Tickle Park from 3pm. To purchase a toad before the big day, email your highest bid to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Noel Mooney at North Shore Realty on (07)5446 2500. See below for the downloadable Coolum Cup Form Guide.
Coolum's Australia Day Volunteer and Citizen of the Year Awards - Nominations are now being called for Coolum's official Australia Day Awards in three categories:
1. Citizen of the Year - A person who has made an outstanding contribution to the community over several years, either professionally, voluntarily or both, who deserves recognition for his/her efforts.
2. Volunteer of the Year - A person who has made an outstanding long term contribution to the community as a volunteer, who deserves recognition for his/her efforts.
3. Community Group of the Year - A community not-for-profit association, sporting club, church group or other group that has made a difference in the community over a number of years.
Nominations close on January 23 – see below for a link to the Nomination Form.
Australia Day Grand Parade - Always a highlight of the big day is the town’s Grand Parade, which makes an exciting return in 2013 (after a two-year hiatus) thanks to the generous support of Bendigo Bank and Sunshine Coast Council. Commencing at 10am, the parade is a favourite with locals and sees hundreds of flag waving Aussies lining David Low Way. Entry in the Grand Parade is free with $100 cash prizes awarded for the Best Overall Entry, Best Junior Club or Group, Best Aussie Theme and Best Business Entry.
100 Flag Bearers WANTED - The Lions are also calling for volunteers to carry one of the many Lions District Flags in the parade to help celebrate Australia’s multiculturalism. They need at least 100 volunteers to march in our Australia Day Parade, preferably carrying the flag of their choice, if not the flag of another nation that is part of our Lions International organisation. And of course anyone who would like to carry an Aussie Flag is most welcome too, but you'll have to bring your own flag and pole. The purpose of this is twofold, to celebrate our multiculturalism, and to promote Lions as a worldwide organisation, now in over 200 countries around the world. The parade starts at 10am, participants are required to assemble in Margaret St from 9am, please report to the registration tent on arrival. The parade normally takes 35-40 minutes to complete. For those who aren't able to complete the uphill section of the parade, there is no problem if they drop out at the lights near the surf club.
If you would like to participate, contact the Coolum Lions on 0427061466 or email email@example.com
For Parade Entry form and more information, see downloadable forms below.
Other highlights include:
Coolum's Australia Day Spectacular is presented by the Coolum Lions in partnership with the Lionesses, and supported by Bendigo Bank and Sunshine Coast Council - as well as many of the town's local businesses.
Coolum Australia Day Spectacular
Tickle Park, David Low Way, Coolum Beach
Australia Day, January 26th
For further information please contact the Coolum Lions on 0427 061 466
Tickle Park, Coolum Beach
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.