March 10 2009 CANCELLED - Ride to Work Day
Due to severe weather conditions the Ride to Work Day breakfasts scheduled for Wednesday 11 March in Caloundra, Nambour and Tewantin have been cancelled.
The Ride to Work Day events were part of the Bike Week Sunshine Coast 2009 celebrations taking place across the coast this week.
The cancellation of Ride to Work Day does not affect other activities happening between 7 -- 15 March. Council and TravelSmart Sunshine Coast are offering a range of events, workshops, races and activities that are fun, inclusive and educational for the whole community.
Activities throughout the week include mountain bike rides, women's workshop, ride and clinic, maintenance workshops, riding classes, BMX racing, seniors ride and a 100km ride for experienced cyclists.
Daily activities and displays are also available at all Sunshine Coast Council libraries. For library activities visit www.library.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
Kids under 16 can enter the draw to win a bike and other fabulous prizes thanks to our sponsors Queensland Transport, Spin City Cycles, Coast Cyclery and Bike Riders. To enter, head to one of council's libraries or customer service centres between 23 February and 14 March.
Visit the Event Calendar on council's website www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au or call council on 5475 7272 for full details on Bike Week activities or to check on the status of daily events.
Keep an eye out for details on National Ride to School Day being held on 25 March or visit www.ride2school.com.au .
Come and share the fun and benefits of riding a bicycle by participating in a multitude of events during Sunshine Coast Bike Week. Sunshine Coast Bike Week provides an opportunity for the local community to participate in organised bicycle events in a safe and supported environment. Participation is aimed at all members of the community, with a particular emphasis on encouraging new cyclists.
If you have been thinking about taking up riding but have never got around to doing it, this is a great opportunity to give it a go. Sunshine Coast Bike Week kicks off in Noosa with the TravelSmart Sunshine Coast Community Bike Ride and Walk on the 7th March. Other free activities that are happening in the Noosa area include:
* Ride to Work Day - Wednesday 11 March - 7.00am - 9.30am - Free healthy snack and prizes if you ride to the Tewantin Office of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council (outside the Noosa Regional Art Gallery). Phone 5449 5333
* Seniors Mountain Bike Ride - Thursday 12 March - 8.30am - 11.00am - Includes morning tea. Phone 5449 5333 (Bookings Essential)
* Bike Maintenance Workshop - Saturday 14th March - 2.00pm - 4.00pm - Sunshine Bicycle Works, Tewantin. Phone 5449 5333 (Bookings Essential)
* Women's Only Workshop and Ride - Sunday 15th March - 9.00am - 12 noon - Make your ride more comfortable. Phone 5449 5333 (Bookings Essential)
* 100 kilometre ride for experienced cyclists - Sunday 15th March - 6.30am - 10.30am - Le Cyclo Sportif. Phone 5447 4466 (Bookings Essential)
Come along and join us during Sunshine Coast Bike Week and help raise the profile of cycling as a healthy, easy, low cost and environmentally friendly alternative to driving.
Sunshine Coast Bike Week 7 - 15 March 2009
outside the Noosa Regional Art Gallery, Tewantin
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.