"The Cheeky Monkey"
1 - day narrative comedy masterclass
One of Australia's most successful comedians will unlock the code to comedy writing in this workshop where the emphasis is on laughter. Tim Ferguson will offer processes and insights necessary for professional screenwriters and comedians to expand their skills base into writing comedy for television and film.
The workshop will focus on the principles of Narrative Humour and Jokes -- cover-ups, calamities, distortions and reversals are just some of the shapes narrative jokes can take. Tim will explain how to devise and balance these principles within your own script.
The one-day session will also explore how to develop and build Comic Characters so they're active, laugh-provoking and destined for ongoing conflict as well as Comedy Storybuilding -- what makes a story funny and what are the differences between writing drama and comedy?
The three Comedy Sub-genres (Dom-Com, Farce & Satire) will also be outlined and Tim will offer simple approaches to choosing, identifying and applying them.
Tim lectures in comedy and screen writing at RMIT University of Media and Communication, Melbourne. He conducts his Cheeky Monkey Comedy Writing Course worldwide.
Comedy writing made simpler
Sunday June 20 9.00am - 5.00pm $95 Noosa Arts Theatre
Duration: Approximately 8 hours
Inclusions: Lunch. Limited to 25 participants. Bring pens and paper
Associated Events: Tim Ferguson Celebrity Luncheon (page 24 of the Noosa Longweekend Program)
Some 2010 Noosa Longweekend festival highlights include --
* the world-premiere-preview of David Williamson's latest play Rhinestone Rex and Miss Monica starring Georgie Parker and the world premiere of the new children's play, Hurry Up and Wait as presented by the Queensland Theatre Company in association with deBASE productions; a showcase of 'award winning'-one-act plays; Acrobatica's gravity-defying physical theatre; and, Agatha Christie Radio Mysteries performed on stage.
* two, exclusive, Australian performances entitled International Stars of Ballet as performed by seven members of the San Francisco Ballet.
* musical performances including Australia's own Tom Burlinson in Frank a Life in Song; cabaret and supper club performances with Caroline O'Connor, Caroline Nin, Carita Farrer, Blossom Goodchild, Elizabeth Cousemaker, Tom Sharah and Australian musical theatre legend Toni Lamond; the Dame Joan Sutherland (opera) awards; a return festival appearance by guitar maestros Slava and Leonard Grigoryan accompanied by James and Joseph Tawadros as Band of Brothers; the So-la Voce Chamber Choir; a Japanese piano recital; Virginia Gay, and local bands, The Vitals and Dva.
* a celebration of short films and a Slow Food with Film event with food prepared by leading local chefs; the now famous progressive food events hosted by top restaurants in Noosa and the Sunshine Coast hinterland including a Seafood Saunter, Hinterland Gourmet Safari, Beachside Promenade and the traditional festival favourite, the Duck Waddle.
* literary events featuring everyone's favourite gardener Don Burke, Ita Buttrose, politician and pharmacist Terry White, social commentator Karen Brooks, high profile journalists and authors such as Paul Kelly, Margaret Simons and Anne Summers and sportswriter Mike Colman; the writers who inspired Underbelly, John Silvester and Andrew Rule; animal behavioural specialist Dr Paul McGreevy; author and former journalist Iola Mathews; former pop star and author Michael White; University lecturer and sci-fi buff, Gregory Nash; and, Dr Karen Hitchcock -- medic and super mum.
* celebrity lunches featuring comedian and author Tim Ferguson, celebrity chef Kylie Kwong, Ita Buttrose, Australian cabaret sensation Toni Lamond and a celebrity breakfast with Andrew Ettingshausen (ET).
* a full day children's festival.
* engaging and insightful forums exploring topics such as: China, Should we be worried?; America, in decline?; The changing media game and internet journalism; Barrie Cassidy and the Insider's take on politics, Griffith REVIEW's Food chain sustainability and 30 years of State of Origin. Forum participants include Julianne Schultz, Mark Scott, Eric Beecher, Margaret Simons, Dr Don Russell, Dr Michael Fullilove, Paul Kelly, Peter Hartcher, Peter Thompson, Warwick Smith, Geremie Barme, Saul Eslake, Fran Kelly, Steve Renouf, Kerrod Walters, Mick Hancock and Martin Lang.
* workshops featuring Bollywood dancing, African drumming and singing, Japanese puppet making, drama improvisation, Commedia dell Arte and a full day, comedy writing master course with Tim Ferguson
The full festival program can be viewed on line at www.noosalongweekend.com. Printed versions are available by phoning the festival office on (07) 5474 9941.
Downloadable: "2010 Noosa Longweekend Festival" pdf
TICKET SALES AND FESTIVAL PROGRAMS
* Tickets for all festival events will go on sale from 10am, May 4. Visit www.noosalongweekend.com for details.
* Tickets for Noosa events will be on sale at The J Box office phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au
* Tickets for Caloundra events will be on sale at The Events Centre, Caloundra phone (07) 5491 4240 or online www.etixdirect.com.au
* Ticket prices range from FREE admission to $185 (for a 'Blue Ribbon dinner and cabaret event')
* Interested parties are encouraged to register to receive festival news, updates and special offers on The Noosa Longweekend Festival website - www.noosalongweekend.com
* Special festival accommodation packages are available. Visit www.noosalongweekend.com for details.
Noosa Arts Theatre, Noosaville
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.