Clean Energy Forum Presented by Noosa Long Weekend Festival in Association with USC.
Australia’s one millionth home solar unit will be installed in June, bringing our roof-top capacity to just over 2 gigawatts – or more than half the Snowy hydro output. Yet, despite this domestic adoption, just 6 per cent of Australia’s annual energy needs are generated from renewable sources. The world average is 19 per cent , with some countries well ahead; Iceland, for example, Iceland meets all its energy needs from renewables; Norway 98%; Brazil 86%; and New Zealand 65%. So why are we dragging the chain and, according to the Government’s own forecasts, unlikely to match Brazil’s renewables’ output even by 2050?
To help understand we’ll be joined by;
The Hon Robert Hill, AC, Chancellor of the University of Adelaide, former Howard Government Environment Minister, now Adjunct Professor in Sustainability at the US Studies Centre, University of Sydney;
Mark Diesendorf, Deputy Director of the Institute of Environmental Studies at the University of NSW, and author of a campaign manual setting out a menu of strategies to pressure governments and business to create a framework for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions;
Terry Wall, Emeritus Professor at the University of Newcastle, and an expert in coal burning technology. He is working on Oxy Fuel, relevant to carbon capture from power stations and one of the keys to any policy shift to renewables
Mark Leckenby, CEO at Auzion Pty Ltd, a Sunshine Coast-based company that provides sustainable solar technology products and energy management solutions to residential, educational, industrial and commercial sectors.
Paul Barclay will lead and moderate as needed, and the discussion will be recorded for Radio National’s Big Ideas programs.
Clean energy: Will we ever get it? (forum)
Date: Friday 21 June
Price: *$85 (Forum + Lunch) $35 – Adults (Forum only, $25 Pensioners and Students (Forum only)
Venue: Outrigger Little Hastings Street, Resort and Spa
Duration: 90 minutes
*Inclusion - Opportunity to join Forum Speaker/s table over a 2 course lunch with glass of wine – Numbers strictly limited to 50 people.
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
Outrigger Little Hastings Street, Resort and Spa, Noosa Heads
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.