Asa Broomhall headlines at Cooroy Fusion
Cooroy's biggest annual celebration of culture, art, environment, health and music -- the inaugural Cooroy Fusion -- has a trump card: Asa Broomhall.
The internationally renowned rock, folk and blues performer will be the headline act at the festival on Saturday 21 May.
Cooroy Community Precinct Manager, Tracey King said Cooroy Fusion will be a free, all day celebration of food, fun and community.
"The entire Mill Place precinct will be alive with entertainment, workshops, stalls and rides," Ms King said.
"The event will kick off at 9am with a full program of activities across a range of venues and interests. There will be something to suit every age and every taste."
Ms King said the big drawcard for the festival was of course having international rock and roots performer, Asa Broomhall return to Cooroy where he grew up for this special event.
"Asa's dynamic live show has taken him from local venues and festivals to major international performances in the USA, Canada and the UK," Ms King said.
"It will be exciting for the home crowd to have Asa back to showcase his renowned vocal talents and musicianship."
What's on the agenda
In the outdoor amphitheatre:
* Dr. Eve Buscombe will start proceedings with a traditional Welcome to Country, followed by the Gubbi Gubbi dancers with a powerful display of song and dance guaranteed to leave a lasting impression as a truly enriching cultural experience.
* The best of new and emerging young musicians and bands from AMPED will fire up the stage from 1pm. Their performances will range from rock to hip hop and pop, with a blend of acoustic originals.
* Once the stage has warmed up, Asa Broomhall will entertain with his mix of rock, folk and blues and a dose of mischief.
In the Green Space:
* A variety of food markets will be selling fresh produce and plants and food stalls will be offering richly brewed coffee, savoury snacks with a touch of Thai spice and Dutch pancakes, waffles, fruit and ice-cream.
* The real treat will be tasty bushfood creations crafted by Dale Chapman, our locally renowned bushfood chef.
Also in the Green Space:
* There will be a focus on health and wellbeing for those interested in a more peaceful start to the weekend.
* Join in the tai chi, yoga, healing and health workshops.
* The Sunken Courtyard will host a writer's tent featuring author talks, literary discussion and book readings
* The Butter Factory Arts Centre will house an exhibition and art workshops.
* Cooroy Community Gardens will be demonstrating organic food growing and gardening and crop rotation will be the focus of a perm culture workshop.
* There will be more music in the amphitheatre, children's acting, drawing and face painting workshops and so much more that we can't fit it into this article.
Cooroy Fusion has been made possible with support from the Sunshine Coast Council, Bendigo Bank, Cooroy Chamber of Commerce and the Cooroy Rag. For more details about becoming a sponsor or participating in the Cooroy Fusion program contact Liz at Cooroy Library, email@example.com or 5454 9000.
Related News: Join in the community fun at Cooroy Fusion
Mill Place precinct, Cooroy
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.