Creative Writing with Sandy Curtis Deep Characterisation All Day Masterclass
Are your characters two-dimensional, or worse, one-dimensional? Will readers care enough about them to want to keep reading their story? This Masterclass will show you how to flesh out your characters and give them the depth they need to 'come alive' for readers.
Whether you are writing crime, romance, or general fiction, you need to capture a reader’s interest and keep them enthralled to the final, exciting word. Through this hand on Masterclass, Sandy will pass on the knowledge she has gained through her writing career Sandy Curtis: With six novels published and eight years organising WriteFest, the Bundaberg writers’ festival, Sandy has the industry knowledge and experience that enables her to help aspiring writers. Her novels have been nominees in the Ned Kelly Crime Awards, and two have been finalists in the mainstream section of the Romantic Book of the Year Award. Her short stories have won awards and been published in leading magazines. She has presented many writing workshops, given library talks, been a panellist at writers’ festivals, written articles and columns for magazines and newspapers, and undertaken editorial consultations for the Queensland Writers Centre. Her seventh novel, Grievous Harm, was released in October 2012.
Additional: Numbers strictly limited to 16 participants, and suitable for Adults. Participants are expected to have done some writing. This Masterclass is NOT for people who are just ‘thinking’ about writing.
Creative Writing Masterclass with Sandy Curtis
Date: Saturday 15 June
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Price: $90 (Includes Lunch)
Venue: Bicentennial Hall Annexe
Duration: 6 hours
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
Bicentennial Hall Annexe, Sunshine Beach
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.