This event has been created to serve the local and regional dance community thanks to the combined efforts of Arts Queensland, the Sunshine Coast Council and Dancehub. We have brought together six talented choreographers and 3 education mentors in a day long workshop that will improve dancers both artistically and from a professional development point of view.
The six choreographers are:
• Paul Malek (Commercial Jazz) - Collaboration The Project, Melbourne
• Grant Swift (Tap) - International Performer/Director of Australia's Largest Tap Festival, Melbourne
• Elise May (Contemporary) - Female Dancer of the Year 2012, Expressions Dance Company
• Tim Brown (Ballet) - BTQ Artistic Director/Qld Ballet Choreographer
• Gaz Griffiths (Hip Hop) - Instant Bun (AGT) / SYTYCD Finalist
• Ben Veitch (Musical Theatre) - Happy Feet Dancer, SYTYCD Top 4 Dancer, Choreographer, Producer
The keynote speakers are:
• Melanie Fuller (Physiotherapist) - Pondera Physiotherapy & Pilates (Physiotherapist to EDC and consultant to Grease, Legally Blonde, Sydney Dance Co and QUT dance) - Find out more
• Headspace (National Youth Mental Health Foundation) - Find out more
• Justine Urbahn (Dietician) - Find out more
• QUT (Tertiary Pathways) for Dance
We will have photo opportunities and a special guest will address the attendees in what will be an uplifting and life changing experience. At the end of the event our guest choreographers will select a winning dancer from each group (Intermediate Dancer) and (Advanced Dancer) for each genre. They are looking for the dancer they feel has worked hard and has shown passion for their art during the workshop. Each winner will take home a trophy and prize.
Dance United Sunshine Coast
Lake Kawana Community Centre, 114 Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina
Sunday 2nd of February 2014
7am - 7pm
For more information & Ticketing visit http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=70120
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.