A Journey with Didgeridoo & Guitar
William Barton and Anthony Garcia in Concert
Imagine pulsating rhythms, soaring melodies and the lush harmonies of guitar and didgeridoo as the ethereal sounds of these timeless instruments weave and dance to create an original soundscape that will hold no boundaries.
On Thursday 21st June, 2012 at 7.30pm world renowned didgeridoo master William Barton and acclaimed guitarist/composer Anthony Garcia will join forces to present a one night only concert. William Barton, one of Australian most celebrated didgeridoo players, is a powerful advocate of the virtuosic potential of his instrument and the richness of his Australian culture.
“It has been an exciting journey to collaborate with Anthony. The combination of these two instruments transcends cultural limitations”, Barton said. Anthony Garcia is a unique presence in the Australian guitar scene. With a passion for improvisation and a masterful classical technique, Garcia fuses together a range of styles from the ancient to the contemporary from Latin folk to exploratory jazz, pulsating world rhythms and experimental soundscapes.
Journey with Anthony Garcia and William Barton in what will truly be a superb concert experience!
Desert Stars Dancing
Date: Thursday 21 June
Price: $45 – all seats
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 100 minutes with intermission
Associated Event - guitar playing workshop, Saturday 23 June, 10.00am, page 36 of the Noosa Longweekend progam
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.