20 years building a strong and supportive base of readers.
Author, environmentalist and activist Di Morrissey is one of Australia’s most successful writers, having produced 20 bestsellers in 20 years.
She began writing as a young woman, training and working as a journalist in Sydney and London. She has worked in television in Australia and in the USA as a presenter, reporter, producer and actress.
After her marriage to a US diplomat, Di travelled extensively and lived in Singapore, Japan, Thailand, South America and Washington, before the pull of Australia brought her back home.
On returning to Australia, Di continued to work in television, before publishing her first novel in 1991. Her current novel, The Opal Desert, explores the relationship between three women of differing generations, who find themselves in Australia’s remote opal fields, in a small imaginary town not far from Lightning Ridge.
This is Di’s first time at The Noosa Longweekend. Join her over lunch, while she chats to Noosa Longweekend veteran Peter Thompson, former presenter of ABC’s Talking Heads program, about her life, her books, and the discipline required to meet deadlines, year after year.
Di Morrissey... a living treasure?
Date: Saturday 23 June
Venue: Outrigger Little Hastings Street, Resort and Spa
Duration: 2.5 hours (including lunch)
Inclusions: 2 course lunch with a glass of wine
Associated Event: First Noosa Book Club, 10.00am, Saturday 23 June, The J main stage, page 31 of the Noosa Longweekend program.
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
Outrigger Little Hastings Street, Resort and Spa, Noosa Heads
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.