Come along to a free community event and have a whole lot of fun
• Creative art workshops
• Live acoustic rhythmic music
• Moonlight cinema
• Dress up as an underwater creature to win free prizes
• Free LED tea light candles (limited so be early)
• Ride the smoothie bike and taste a smoothie treat
• Free popcorn
• Take the Living Smart 3 Good Things challenge
• BYO chair/picnic blanket(no glass)
Creative arts workshops
4pm to 6.30pm
• Learn to weave with coconut fibre and coconut leaves
• Meet Coomba the Giant Mary River Turtle
• Paint your own gratitude rock
• Create sculptures made from weeds
• Explore the Ocean Life Touch Tanks
• Play music with the Herbie Derbie
• Enjoy the rhythmic sounds of the Caribbean with Pantastic Steel Band
6.30pm to 8pm
Watch the ever popular family favourite at the Moonlight cinema.
It’s Lights out for the Reef: an Earth Hour special
8pm to 8.30pm
Two of Australia’s most famous You- Tube sensations, Natalie Tran (community channel) and Axis of Awesome, are sent on a mission by Dr Karl to travel to the Great Barrier Reef to find out how it can be saved from climate
change, and how we can all help.
Earth Hour has evolved from a single moment to a yearround social movement. This year Earth Hour focuses on protecting the Great Barrier Reef from the impacts of climate change.
Living Smart Homes program is a free online resource with information on sustainable living. Sunshine Coast Council is celebrating Earth Hour in 2014 with a free family fun event at Moffat Beach for all the community to enjoy.
Date was changed due to the recent stormy weather. Hope you can make the new date.
Earth Hour at Moffat Beach
Eleanor Shipley Memorial Park, Bryce Street, Moffat Beach
Saturday April 5th 2014
Free Community Event
Eleanor Shipley Memorial Park, Moffat Beach
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.