Best known as the host of the ABC’s First Tuesday Book Club and Jennifer Byrne Presents. This, she says, is her dream job.
This year, as a special treat for Noosa Longweekend, Jennifer Byrne will host the innovative First Noosa Book Club with her regular guests Marieke Hardy and Jason Steger and two of our guest writers, Charlotte Wood and Di Morrissey.
Our Noosa audience will be able to ask them questions and feel they have become part of their favourite ABC television book program.
Jennifer began her career in journalism as a cadet with The Age. After working in the United States and Britain she moved to television as a reporter with Channel Nine’s Sunday program, and later with 60 Minutes.
In 1993 she became the morning presenter on ABC Radio’s 2BL in Sydney and in 1995 was appointed publishing director of Reed Books. In 1999, Jennifer took up the anchor’s job at Foreign Correspondent, and for five years worked as both host and reporter for the program. During that time she wrote features and book reviews and regularly hosted Radio National’s breakfast program.
In 2003 she joined The Bulletin magazine as senior writer, winning national awards for columnist of the year and story of the year. While continuing to write, she hosted the ABC’s My Favourite Book program.
First Noosa Bookclub with Jennifer Byrne
Date: Saturday 23 June
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 90 minutes
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.