Noosa Council is partnering with the Tewantin-Noosa Lions Club to ensure users of the new fitness equipment on the Noosaville foreshore get the utmost out of the eight exercise stations on Gympie Terrace between Cloudsley and Robert Streets.
In response to public feedback, ten instruction sessions have been organised during November and December, to be sponsored by Council and conducted by accredited fitness trainer Glen Trewin of GT Fitness.
Community and Recreation Development Unit Project Officer Wendy Guthrie challenges anyone to find a more beautiful place to get fit and healthy than on the Noosa River foreshore. "We have programmed sessions over a range of times and dates to cater for as many participants as possible," she said.
The schedule will be :
Monday 20 November at 6:30 am
Tuesday 21 November at 12 midday
Wednesday 22 November at 5:15 pm
Monday 27 November at 6:30 am
Tuesday 28 November at 12 midday
Wednesday 29 November at 5:15 pm
Monday 4 December at 6:30 am
Tuesday 5 December at 12 midday
Wednesday 6 December at 5:15 pm
Thursday 7 December at 11am
You do not have to book - just turn up, and the session will be held as long as the weather is fine, with the programme focusing on :
• Correct use of the equipment, incorporating safe techniques and core stability during movements;
• Alternate methods of using the equipment to improve overall fitness;
• Fair and equitable use of the equipment, so that all members of the public will be able to enjoy and benefit from the fitness stations;
• Giving members of the public the confidence to use the equipment independently in their own time.
Participants will receive instruction at each equipment station, with a brief demonstration on the correct use of the equipment and information on the benefits of each apparatus, e.g. this will work the abdominals, this one's good for triceps, etc.
Each participant will be given the opportunity to use the equipment, with the instructor ensuring they are using it safely and effectively. The instructor will also offer suggestions on various programmes for the exercise equipment, which provides a full body workout.
Session duration will be one hour and will include a warm up, equipment demonstration and trial, cool down and stretching.
For further information contact Wendy Guthrie, Community and Recreation Development Unit, Noosa Council on 5449 5104.
• Graphic to the right: Gloria Ellis and Angelo Castrisios try out some of the Gympie Terrace fitness equipment