As it reflects on its successes and failures in both natural and built environmental activism during its golden jubilee year, this is the confronting question Noosa Parks Association is asking itself and the wider Noosa community.
Peter Thompson, respected journalist will be probing and challenging the panel to address the question.
John Sinclair, one of Australia’s leading conservationists and was named ‘Australian of the Year’ in 1976 for his role in protecting Fraser Island.
Elizabeth Farrelly is a Sydney-based author, architecture critic, essayist, columnist and speaker who contributes to current debates about aesthetics, design, public art, architecture and urban environments.
David Williamson is Australia’s best-known and most highly decorated playwright. He has lived with author and wife Kristin in Noosa since the late 1990s.
Michael Gloster has been part of Noosa Parks Association’s leadership team over the past 30 years. He has an insider’s view of Noosa’s natural and built environment struggles, successes and failures.
Forum - WHERE TO NOOSA? Increasingly sustainable or increasingly smug?
Date: Friday 22 June
Venue: Outrigger Little Hastings Street, Resort and Spa
Duration: 90 minutes
Optional Enviro Walks for NPA Forum ticket holders
Enviro Walk 1 Noosa National Park, Thursday 21 June, 7.30am. Assemble at 7.15am, Park Road entrance
Enviro Walk 2 Hastings Street, Noosa Woods, Noosa Spit, Friday 22 June at 7.30am. Assemble at 7.15am in front of Noosa Heads Surf Club, Hastings Street
Walks leader: Dr Michael Gloster, Noosa Parks Association
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
Outrigger Little Hastings Street, Resort and Spa, Noosa Heads
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.