GRANTS ACCESS TRAINING FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS AT THE SUNSHINE COAST
"Access to Community Funding"
Presented by Alice Orozco - Grants Access Worker at MDA.
Is your community group/association seeking funding to implement a project, cultural activity or celebration?
Multicultural Development Association in conjunction with the Intercultural Community Development Centre will be offering three FREE training sessions on Thursday 24th and Friday 25th of June 2010
By attending these workshops you will learn key elements needed to prepare a successful grant application, develop a project plan and complete a funding application.
Venue: Intercultural Community Development Centre
Italian School Committee
9/68 Jessica Boulevard
Workshop No. 1 - THURSDAY 24th JUNE (3 HOURS)
This workshop will be offered in the morning and repeated in the evening for those who are unable to attend during the day.
This session will provide an overview of the key elements of submission writing:
* Where funding comes from and how the funding process works
* Identification of your community needs, consulting your community and getting their consent
* Interpreting the funding guidelines
* Creating aims and objectives that reflect the funding guidelines
* Working out the budget and how to manage it
* Identifying risks and how to manage risk
* Legal and financial issues: How to be accountable for a project grant
* How to evaluate the success of the project
* How to acquit a project grant
Workshop No. 2 - Friday 25th June 2010
Full day 9:30 to 4:30
Work practice on completing a grant application
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
The second workshop will focus on working actively in your groups on the preparation of a grant application. On this session you will be guided in following a process for writing your funding proposal as follows:
Developing a template: Description of your association/group, what you do, needs of your community and what project you have in mind.
* Identify what are the needs of your group and what you want to do to address them.
* Searching the net for funding sources that match your project idea
* Interpreting the funding guidelines and reflecting them on your application
* Developing the aims and objectives of your project
* Developing a Project Plan: strategies, actions, proposed outcomes and time frames.
* Practice on Filling an actual grant application form
It's essential that you attend the first workshop as this gives you the base knowledge you need to write a grant application. It is ideal that you attend both workshops in order for you to learn and practice the complete process of writing a grant application. For this reason we will be offering the first session on Thursday 24th June in the morning 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 p.m. and evening from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for you to choose a time that is most convenient to you.
If you are attending please complete the attached registration form and return to:
email@example.com by the 22nd of June.
Looking forward to meet you at the training.
The Grants Access Program is funded by Multicultural Affairs Queensland- Department of Communities.
Downloadable: "Grants Access Training Enrolment Form" word doc
Intercultural Community Development Centre, Minyama
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.