Sport & Rec Workshop 17 January 2005
Noosa sport and recreation clubs are urged to participate in a free workshop on Strength and Conditioning, to be staged by Sport and Recreation Queensland at Council's Noosa Leisure Centre on Monday, February 7th,
Council's Acting Recreation Development Officer Matt Horder said today he hoped many local groups would be able to take advantage of the free session to gain useful and helpful knowledge for the clubs and their memberships.
"This will be a three-hour session starting at 6.00 pm and covering :
• practical and theoretical skills for coaches and athletes
• devising and implementing effective strength and conditioning programs
• basic weight lifting and body weight exercise techniques
• core strength training
• program structure
• integrating strength and conditioning and skill training
• developmental and age-related considerations for the developing athlete
"The workshop will provide an excellent learning curve for coaches, administrators, instructors and grassroots level volunteers," said Mr Horder.
Registrations should be lodged with Sport and Recreation Queensland on 5479 1199 by Thursday 3 February.
• For further information, please contact : Sport and Recreation Queensland 5479 1199.
or Publicity Officer Susie Osmaston
07 5449 5282; fax : 07 5447 1062; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.noosa.qld.gov.au
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.