The Noosa Longweekend 2004 commences Friday, 18 June for 10 days of drama, literature, cinema, music, visual arts, forum, the environment, food and fun.
There are a range of events every day that are free for the community, or which cost $5, including:
* on Friday, 18 June from 6pm the not-to-be-missed free Gala Opening Ceremony on Main Beach, Noosa featuring actor Jack Thompson as MC, special guest Marina Prior with Premier Peter Beattie, and involving spectacular fireworks, the artists already in town for the Noosa Longweekend, the Yanyula Aboriginal Dance Troupe, music, bands, the Chicago dancers and much more
* the Noosa Longweekend's very popular free daily guided walks through some of the most beautiful bush and beaches in the world, with commentary and guidance from local environment identity, Michael Gloster
* a range of our new free guided Heritage Walks through our beautiful hinterland heritage towns, including Noosa, Tewantin, Pomona, Cooran, Cooroy, Kin Kin
* on Saturday 19 June opening at 2pm then daily from 10am - 4pm a free exhibition by well-known Melbourne artist, Mirka Mora at the Noosa Regional Gallery
* on Saturday, 19th June at 3pm the free Absolut Cocktail competition launch at Catos on Hastings Street and then a daily contest involving 20 restaurants to find the best 'Noosa Longweekender"
* on Sunday, 20 June at 10am the screening of the Oscar award winning "Spirited Away" animated family film for $5 per person - Japanese theme with door prizes at AMC Noosa 5 Cinemas
* Sunday, 20 June, 10am - 3pm,Eumundi Food Festival - a celebration of local food and produce in Eumundi
* on Sunday, 20 June at 1pm and 2pm for $5 per person at the Marquee on Noosa Main Beach the award winnning puppet production of 'Peter and the Wolf' by David Poulton
* on Sunday, 20 June at 2pm at the Noosa Regional Gallery a free illustrated talk by Academy Award winning cartoonist Bruce Pretty on The Art of Drawing
* on Friday, 25 June at 7pm 'Life x 3' by Yasmina Reza, translated by Christopher Hampton, directed by Leticia Caceres. Playreading performed by Queensland Theatre Company. Noosa Blue Resort, Noosa Drive. $10
* on Saturday, 26 June at 7pm 'Life x 3' by Yasmina Reza, translated by Christopher Hampton, directed by Leticia Caceres. Playreading performed by Queensland Theatre Company. Noosa Blue Resort, Noosa Drive. $10
* on Saturday, 26 June at 10am a free acting workshop with the Queensland Theatre Company at Sunshine Beach High School
* on Saturday, 26 June from 10am - 3pm a free Kids Big Art Day Out at the Noosa Regional Gallery with a mini art festival for kids including workshops, food and entertainment
* on Saturday, 26 June at 3pm the judging of the Absolute "Noosa Longweekender " cocktail competition at Catos in Hastings Street
* on Sunday, 27 June from 10am - 4pm the Family Day and Concert in Noosa Woods with a Teddy Bears Picnic for kids (bring your teddy along), featuring master storytellers under decorated trees in Noosa Woods. This will be the first event of a whole Sunday of wonderful free events including tree planting, face painting, a barbecue and a concert all held in Noosa Woods
For locations, booking and further details, please or check out www.noosalongweekend.com or call 54424546.
Further information is available at www.noosalongweekend.com or contact:
Media Liaison, Noosa Longweekend
Tel: 0413 575 934
Tel/Fax: (07) 5448 3095
Information will be added as it comes to hand, though for more information please go directly to the site: http://www.noosalongweekend.com
Noosa, Not Assigned
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.