‘I warned people not to let these two women of a certain age loose on the world. Now look what’s happened.’ – Louis Nowra
Two old school friends, Hilary Linstead and Elizabeth Davies, reconnected unexpectedly after 35 years and discovered they both loved travelling. Not having a clue whether they would get along, they embarked on a trial journey to Morocco, where they discovered their delight in laughing at themselves and each other. That tentative beginning has turned into a series of wonderful adventures, which are recounted in their newly published memoir of travel, food and friendship, Growing Old Outrageously, which will appeal to the adventurous and armchair traveller alike.
Hilary Linstead left England for Australia at 21 and has enjoyed a long and illustrious career as a casting director and theatrical agent, representing Gillian Armstrong, Baz Luhrmann, Louis Nowra and Wendy Harmer. Her partner in adventure, Elizabeth Davies, a Cambridge graduate, is a former free-lance journalist and civil servant.
Hear Hilary and Elizabeth’s account of their travels over morning tea, in conversation with feature writer and radio presenter Alexandria Bernard. In the words of Suzie Carleton: ‘….you’ll be inspired to grab a friendly granny, decimate the super fund, stockpile the meds and let your gut prevail.’
Growing Old Outrageously
Date: Wednesday 20 June
Venue: Noosa Springs Country Club
Duration: 1.5 hours
Inclusions: Morning Tea
The Noosa Longweekend Festival, 15-24 June 2012
Over 80 cultural events staged over 10 days and nights.
Full 2012 Noosa Longweekend Festival Program available on http://www.noosalongweekend.com/downloads/2012-NLW-program.pdf
• The 11th Noosa Longweekend Festival will be staged from Friday 15 -Sunday 24 June 2012
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in the iconic, beachside village and surrounding hinterland of Noosa, Queensland
• Full festival program announced Thursday 3 May. Tickets on sale Tuesday 8 May
• Over 80 ticketed and non-ticketed events will be on offer. Free events include heritage walks, photographic exhibitions, a children’s workshop and roving entertainment
• Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Box office (in person, by phone (07) 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
• In excess of 10,000 tickets will be on sale
• Featuring the crème de la crème of local, national and international artists - in excess of 170 Artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2012 Festival
• Visit www.noosalongweekend.com to keep up with festival news, program and ticketing information
Noosa Springs Country Club, Noosa Springs
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.
Don't have registration yet ? "Create Account"
If you have lost / forgotten your password click: "Lost Password"
NOTE: This login is to manage your real estate alerts/preferences and not to register your business details for the directory. To submit Sunshine Coast Business data please visit here.