Local State MP, David Gibson will be on hand at Gympie's Centro
Shopping Centre on Saturday morning to provide residents affected
by the flood with details of payments and assistance packages
available from the State and Federal Governments.
Mr Gibson said there were a range of payments available and he wanted to ensure that the people of Gympie were aware of the various types of financial assistance available.
"Individuals and families, small businesses and primary producers have all been impacted by the flood crisis and I want to make sure that people access the assistance available." Mr Gibson said.
"Whilst these floods have devastated many parts of the State, I have been contacted by local people who are suffering right now and need help.
"This service is offered to ensure as many people as possible know what support is available right now."
"I will have on hand all the phone numbers for people to be able to apply for the assistance."
Mr Gibson stressed that this would be an information service only as individuals will need to make enquiries with the appropriate authorities to determine their eligibility and the actual amount of any assistance available.
The types of Federal Government assistance that is available is:
* Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment, $1000 for every adult, $400 for each child
* Disaster Income Recovery, fortnightly payment for 13 weeks to cover loss of income, payments range from $424 to $508 depending on marital status and number of children
* The Australian Tax Office may also provide assistance with any tax liabilities.
The State Government is also providing:
* Personal Hardship Assistance Grant, non-means tested once-off payment of $170 per person, up to a maximum of $850 for a family of five or more.
* Essential Household Contents Grant, means tested once-off payment of up to $1,705 per adult, up to a maximum of $5,120 for a couple/family to cover loss of cooking utensils, clothing, bedding and linen, floor coverings, essential furniture and white goods and food lost due to storm damage. Those with insurance are ineligible.
* Structural Assistance Grant, means tested once-off payment of up to $10,500 per individual, and up to $14,200 for a couple/family to cover costs of repair of a residence to a habitable and secure condition. Those with insurance are ineligible.
* Special Disaster Flood Assistance Grants (small business), grants of up to $25,000 to assist eligible small businesses repair buildings and purchase equipment, among other things.
* Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Assistance Loans (small business), a loan of up to $250,000 at an interest rate of 4% for a total term of up to 7 years. No fees and charges for the life of the loan. The loan can be used by small businesses to repair building and purchase equipment, among other things.
* Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Assistance Loans Freight subsidies (primary producers) of up to $5000 information, call the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation on 132 523.
* Sport and Recreation Services Disaster Recovery Program up to $5,000 for replacement of operational items and up to $20,000 to assist the repair of sport and recreation infrastructure damaged by flooding. For more information, call the Department of Communities, Sport and Recreation on 1300 656 191.
* You can also get free replacement birth certificates.
To access Australian Government grants call 180 22 66
To access Queensland Government grants call 1800 173 349
David Gibson MP
Member for Gympie
Local MP to provide Flood Relief Information
Centro Shopping Centre, Gympie
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.