Hinterland Gourmet Safari – Asian theme!
The Noosa Long Week End Festival invites you on a gourmet tour of the hinterland with a special Asian theme. This popular tour is now offered on two days, Monday 17 June and Wednesday 19 June
Your coach leaves from the ‘J’ theatre, Noosa Junction, at 9.15 am prompt, to firstly visit Tim Warren’s Garnisha Spice Gardens, in Cootharaba. Tim will conduct a tour of these lush, fresh spice gardens which form the base of his hands-on spice business, producing Indian curry pastes and pickles, North African and Middle East spice blends, Malay and Thai spice mixes. Morning coffee with refreshments will be served at Garnisha. We journey on through the scenic Blackall Ranges to our next destination for lunch at the Tamarind Restaurant, at Spicers Retreat, Maleny. The Tamarind’s executive Chef, Daniel Jarrett, embraces the culinary cultures of Asia and will prepare a special Thai Lunch for us which includes a welcome glass of champagne and a glass of wine.
After lunch we have a quick look at the restaurant’s herb garden and cookery school kitchen before journeying on to the Ginger Factory, the biggest outside of China, at Yandina. Here we will enjoy a presentation on the production of ginger and taste various ginger products.
After an opportunity to browse and buy in the fascinating Ginger Shop, we board our coach for the final drive back to Noosa.
Inclusions : Tour of Garnisha; Morning coffee; Thai lunch with 1 glass champagne and 1 glass wine; Ginger Factory tasting tour; coach fare. Tickets are for shared table seating. Bookings limited to 52 each tour.
* For catering purposes, please inform us of any dietary requirements when booking.
Hinterland Gourmet Safari
Date: Monday 17 OR Wednesday 19 June
Time: 9.15am – 5.00pm
Price: $170 fully inclusive
Venue: Starts and finishes at The ‘J’ Theatre, Noosa Junction
Duration: Approximately 8 hours
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
Starts and finishes at The ‘J’ Theatre, Noosa Junction, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.