5 Biggest MISTAKES People Make With
New Year's Weight Loss Resolutions
Coolum, QLD- It's that time of year again- the time when millions flock to the gym, go on a diet, or join a weight loss center; when everyone resolves to get healthier in the upcoming year. According to research, however, less than 20% stick to their New Year's resolutions, on average, and the biggest resolution failures are often fitness related.
"Many people set New Year's goals to improve their health and fitness and begin new exercise programs. Yet after investing time and money, most fail to get any traction and achieve significant long term results," explains Fit n' Fabulous Personal Training owner, Mick Kenny, a certified fitness and nutrition professional with 6 years experience serving 150+ Sunshine Coast residents. "That's why I will be sharing a real blueprint for fitness success at the upcoming February 3 event, How To Make 2009 Your Healthiest and Best Year Ever. Because awareness of the following common mistakes can prevent frustration, disappointment, and ultimately failure when starting a new fitness program."
1. Setting an unattainable goal. We all want to jump directly to our ideal health and fitness level, but there are steps in between. Avoid setting the same high standard resolutions that you continue to unsuccessfully achieve year after year. This will only set you up for frustration, failure, and disappointment.
2. Starting an Incomplete program. To be successful, a program must be complete. A complete program includes attention to nutrition, resistance training, and cardiovascular exercise -- all leading to a "synergy" effect for maximum results.
3. No accountability. Success achievers know that accountability is essential to move from intention to results. Without support and regular "check-up from the neck up," life's distractions quickly take many off course. Use accountability to stay on track with goals to avoid plateaus or backsliding.
4. No professional guidance. Many begin a fitness program without defined goals or a plan to achieve them. To achieve significant, long term results, the guidance of an expert puts one on the right track.
5. Push too hard, too soon. We all come into January raring to go, full of energy and enthusiasm for our new goals and new year, but in reality our body needs to be given time to adjust to a new exercise program. When starting a new program we need to avoid pushing too hard in the beginning, which can causes soreness, stiffness, even pulled or torn muscles.
"Knowing common mistakes and pitfalls before hand can prevent frustration, injury, and loss of motivation," explains Mick, "Taking steps to prevent them from occurring will guarantee a happier and more successful fitness program for a new you in 2009."
For additional weight loss guidance, all Sunshine Coast residents are invited to attend the February 3 special event, "How To Make 2009 Your Healthiest and Best Year Ever!" This event is sponsored by five of Coolum's leading health, fitness and personal care experts and is designed to share their specific knowledge and proven health-enhancing action plans with Sunshine Coast residents, while raising money for Cystic Fibrosis QLD. A $10 tax-deductible donation to Cystic Fibrosis QLD is the only cost to attend.
Event is Tuesday, February 3rd at 7 pm at Coolum Beach Baptist Church.
Register now for your free gifts and tickets!
Coolum Beach Baptist Church, Coolum Beach
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.