DAVID MALOUF in Conversation with RICHARD FIDLER ‘In Conversation with one of Australia’s Finest Writers’
'David Malouf is one of our finest writers, a poet with an ear for language that transforms an interesting concept into a classic mediation on the role of chance in each of our lives.' San Francisco Chronicle.
As the master of imaginary lives, David has just revised Harland’s Half Acre, a novel he wrote in 1984 because the text had become unreadable after so many reprints. He was happy to be able to make some minor changes. The novel is about the interwoven lives of two families and an artist’s efforts to regain his family’s lost land.
David Malouf is the author of short story collections The Complete Stories (winner of the 2008 Australia-Asia Literary Award) Dream Stuff and Every Move You Make, and of acclaimed novels including The Great World (winner of the 1991 Commonwealth Writers Prize and Miles Franklin Literary Award) and Remembering Babylon ( shortlisted for the 1993 Man Booker Prize and winner of the 1996 IMPAC Dublin Literary Award) and the stunningly lyrical Ransom, which won the Australian Literary Society Gold Medal and the Hellenic literary prize, Neos Kosmos.
In 2000 David Malouf won the Neustadt International Prize for Literature. He also writes poetry, drama and libretti for operas. Born and brought up in Brisbane, he now lives in Sydney.
Join David in conversation with Festival favourite Richard Fidler
In Conversation with David Malouf
Date: Sunday 16 June
Times: 10.00 am
Price: $30 – Adults, $25 Pensioners and Students
Venue: The J Theatre
Duration: 60 minutes
Noosa Long Weekend
14-23 June 2013
10 days of arts, literature, food and fun!
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
• The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 - Sunday 23 June 2013.
• The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
• A selection of early events (22 events) including the opening night act has been released for sale from today, Friday 22 March, 2013.
• The remaining events in the festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
• Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer with in excess of 12,000 tickets on sale. Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
• Ticket information at: www.noosalongweekend.com
• Special festival accommodation packages can be found on the website.
• Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter
The J Theatre, Noosa Junction
All Sunshine Coast events, gigs, functions etc... onsite are correct as per information provided at time of uploading, please always verify times or dates directly with the venues to avoid disappointment.
This property has been added to your save list now.